Model 92 locked up

The Rossi Model R92, a lightweight carbine for Cowboy Action, hunting, or plinking! Includes Rossi manufactured Interarms, Navy Arms, and Puma trade names.
stang

Model 92 locked up

Post by stang »

My Braztech RH will only let the bolt back about 1/2 inch and then locks up solid. It's not the safety screw on the hammer and it's not loaded or got empty brass in it. what gives and how do I fix this? Or should I return it?
Rib111

Re: Model 92 locked up

Post by Rib111 »

I don’t have any first hand knowledge (I’d probably make sure all the screws are tight, then try disassembly to figure it out), but this video might help:

stang

Post by stang »

Thanks I checked that video out and it does not seem to be an issue with that pin or the retaining screw.
GasGuzzler

Post by GasGuzzler »

Usually it's a pin in the bolt or a loose cartridge guide screw. Guessing that was the advice above.
__________________________________________________________________________________________
I've always been crazy but it's kept me from going insane.
stang

Post by stang »

The big screw next to the saddle ring was very loose, tightening it (2 full turns) did not help, and the screw felt very gritty going in.
Might have to return it.
Archer
2000 Shots
2000 Shots

Post by Archer »

I have seen an overly long screw in the receiver bottom out ON the bolt and lock it up.
73gitane

Post by 73gitane »

ejector pins.jpg
This happened on my Braztech. The two ejector pins loosened and starting hitting up against the guides. It was a %@*&$ to find. Once I finally got it apart I put a bow in the pins so they wouldn't slide out again.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
stang

Post by stang »

Are you able to take it apart if this is the case.
73gitane

Post by 73gitane »

It was very frustrating finding these loose pins. Seems they were constantly on the move. Just when I thought I had a working gun one of the pins would move out enough to jam things up. Last time it happened I threw all caution to the wind and removed all screws in the receiver and worked the lever till parts started falling out and I could finally see and fix the issue.
73gitane

Post by 73gitane »

Thinking back on this, even with screws removed and parts moving around, the bolt may have only freed up as a result of the pins moving back into position. Once the bolt was finally out I think the pins were in their proper place. It wasn't till I dropped the bolt on my work bench did I notice that one of the pins was loose and moved out a bit on its own. That's when the light bulb finally lit up:^)