'no gunsmithing' saddle ring?

The Rossi Model R92, a lightweight carbine for Cowboy Action, hunting, or plinking! Includes Rossi manufactured Interarms, Navy Arms, and Puma trade names.
stevep1954

'no gunsmithing' saddle ring?

Post by stevep1954 »

i am thinking of putting steve's gunz 'no gunsmithing' saddle ring on my 92 and was wondering if anyone has used this one or the one from beartooth mercantile? are they the same quality from each company? how did it work for you, any problem with using this in place of the hammer screw?
does anyone have one that they would sell? stainless preferred. thanks
Hawkeye

Re: 'no gunsmithing' saddle ring?

Post by Hawkeye »

Good Morning....just put one on from Stevesgunz yesterday as we speak. It was simple and there is a
short video on google /Stevesgunz.Fit like a charm!
9x80Drilling

Post by 9x80Drilling »

I put one from Beartooth on my .45 Colt 92 two years ago. I've hunted with it extensively and really will praise its benefits.
Ranch Dog's recommendation was all it took for me to get one. I've got one of Midway's inexpensive single point slings on the rifle.
Umpire

Post by Umpire »

I just bought a Beartooth saddle ring blued since Steve can’t ships to Canada, let see how it fits... I’ll keep you posted guys
Archer
2000 Shots
2000 Shots

Post by Archer »

I'm starting to think about getting a handful of these again.

I will disagree with Beartooth's installation instructions concerning the Marlin safety delete saddle ring however.
IF you put the ring on the gun it should be functional NOT COSMETIC. IMO you should NEVER put a cosmetic part that mimics a functional part but is not capable of handling the same loads. Putting the saddle ring on the gun but using hardware that would allow it to turn under load and render the gun inoperable when you might need it is NOT an option IMO.

Threading the receiver for a full length bolt would be an option as indicated in the directions as would removing the threads from the front end of the bolt to create a dog point that would still seat in the shaft of the saddle ring.
Umpire

Post by Umpire »

Hello guys I got the beartooth saddle ring installed in my CBC Rossi 92, rifle still working great, took just 5 minutes to my gunsmith to install it, and my rifle looks gorgeous as my old Amadeo Rossi Puma, just one advise: attach a leather stripe or a para cord knot like the Rossi Ranch Hand saddle ring has to avoid scratches or stock damages
Archer
2000 Shots
2000 Shots

Post by Archer »

The problem with the Rossi thong is it has been known to foul the lever closing.
It does help limit the clink of the ring however.
Umpire

Post by Umpire »

Archer wrote:The problem with the Rossi thong is it has been known to foul the lever closing.
It does help limit the clink of the ring however.
Well I didn’t experience any problem, but I really feel the difference between this rifle CBC made and my old Taurus made, this is totally smooth and works even with aluminum case ammunition, my Taurus didn’t work at all with aluminum case and all Winchester ammunition
Archer
2000 Shots
2000 Shots

Post by Archer »

I admit I haven't every tried aluminum cased ammo in any of my lever guns ever, with the possible exception of the Henry .22 and CCI Stingers. So far all three of the Braztech Rossi 92s eat everything I've fed them.

I've never had any issues with factory Winchester ammo in any lever action. I did have a round of Federal .45-70 that the case apparently missed crimping and the bullet was impacted by a trip through the mag tube.
North Idaho Shooter

Post by North Idaho Shooter »

I put one from Steve's Gunz on a 92 in 45 Colt several years ago, just as a cosmetic piece. Works fine. I made up a leather thong similar to the one the factory puts on the ranch Hand, and I did run into the issue of it getting in the way of cycling the lever. Solution was to cut is shorter.