Rossi 92 Spring kit ?

The Rossi Model R92, a lightweight carbine for Cowboy Action, hunting, or plinking! Includes Rossi manufactured Interarms, Navy Arms, and Puma trade names.
Gunna1day

Rossi 92 Spring kit ?

Post by Gunna1day »

Is the reduced power spring kit really worth doing? $35 from brownells Australia is extreme!
Your thoughts are appreciated . Cheers
Archer
2000 Shots
2000 Shots

Re: Rossi 92 Spring kit ?

Post by Archer »

I haven't bothered although I think I did pick up one of the various kits about 8 years ago.

What is worth it is the stainless magazine follower from the Smith Shop.
Something else I haven't put in the gun yet but the plastic followers do exhibit creep and do crack over time.

You new guys are reminding me I need to do some work on the guns while I'm not quite as busy as I have been the last few years but with every other one busting screws you are making me nervous about getting it done.
GasGuzzler

Post by GasGuzzler »

The ejector spring is all you need. Find one locally with the proper spec. You cam shim the trigger spring to make it lighter and most of the time the follower spring is merely way too long.
__________________________________________________________________________________________
I've always been crazy but it's kept me from going insane.
rondog
250 Shots
250 Shots

Post by rondog »

Personally, I use a Dremel tool with cutoff disc and remove about 1/4 inch/3 coils off the hammer spring too. It's far stronger/stiffer than it needs to be, shortening it makes cycling the lever much easier
Nashville Stage

Post by Nashville Stage »

I would say that a lighter ejector spring is the most important of the bunch, as the original spring is really much too strong. Broken ejectors happen because of that, and getting a replacement part is almost impossible.
rondog
250 Shots
250 Shots

Post by rondog »

Nashville Stage wrote:I would say that a lighter ejector spring is the most important of the bunch, as the original spring is really much too strong. Broken ejectors happen because of that, and getting a replacement part is almost impossible.
Absolutely! FAR too strong! I use a C-530 spring, found 'em on eBay for cheap. But here's their web address and phone number, everybody needs some of these!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Gunna1day

Post by Gunna1day »

Thanks for your replies. I will find a replacement ejector spring then. Cheers