General duty rifle

The Rossi Model R92, a lightweight carbine for Cowboy Action, hunting, or plinking! Includes Rossi manufactured Interarms, Navy Arms, and Puma trade names.
Redleg11B

General duty rifle

Post by Redleg11B »

I have my 20" 357 Mag just waiting for better weather to shoot it in. This is going to be my truck/woods loafing gun for impromptu hunts, camping trips, etc. In the meantime, I ordered a bolt mounted peep, ejector spring, and mag follower from Steve's Gunz. I was thinking of the Burris 2.75x scout scope, but wanted to try a less expensive option first.

I want to get a forward sling stud on this rifle (20" 357 Mag). I can't find a mag tube band the right size. What are my other options? Will the wood forearm stand up to a wood screw style lug? I am going to do a detailed cleaning and debur any obvious problems when I have it all apart. Any other recommendations?
rondog
250 Shots
250 Shots

Re: General duty rifle

Post by rondog »

Have you tried the Uncle Mike's mag tube clamp? I have one on my .45 Rossi and it's rock-solid. I don't know if they come in different sizes though.....
rondog
250 Shots
250 Shots

Post by rondog »

Ohio3Wheels
1000 Shots
1000 Shots

Post by Ohio3Wheels »

rondog wrote:Have you tried the Uncle Mike's mag tube clamp? I have one on my .45 Rossi and it's rock-solid. I don't know if they come in different sizes though.....
The 336 that I had redone to 38-55 has one of those on it. It tends to slip around a bit and the former owner torqued the hex screw to hard that it's rounded out. Still trying to figure the best way to get it off. I've got a replacement barrel band with a stud that I want to put on. I know it's a little ugly but if the tube clamp is just a little loose there's always electrical tape shouldn't take more than 1 wrap.

Make smoke,
Curt... makin' smoke and raising my carbon foot print one cartridge at a time Image