M92 production change dates

The Rossi Model R92, a lightweight carbine for Cowboy Action, hunting, or plinking! Includes Rossi manufactured Interarms, Navy Arms, and Puma trade names.
mauserdad

M92 production change dates

Post by mauserdad »

First time poster. I own two Rossi model 92’s. The first one I acquired was about a year ago. It has Interarms and Rossi Brazil on the barrel and I bought it from a friend that bought it in the mid 80’s. It is a 357 mag. I do not know the production date. Very good shape and performs perfectly. It has a area on the left side of the receiver that looks like a medallion was there at one time. Puma?? Has a saddle ring.The second one I bought yesterday for $425. It is a 16” carbine in 44 mag. It took me a long time to find one. It was sold to me as a new rifle but was marked down because of very minor stock damage when it slipped off the that dealers shelf. Came with the box, rifle wrapped, and manual. When I got it home I compared it to current inventory on the internet. I found it unusual that the sights were not the same. This one had the plane blade front sight attached directly to the barrel. No brass bead. The rear sight is the box style with notch as found on my Interarms M92. Not a buckhorn style as the current ones. Does have the safety on the bolt. Polished black finish. Also had sling hook ups. I checked the serial number and found it was made in 2009. This rifle appears to be in unfired condition. The seller is a reputable dealer. Unusual that it sat around for 10 years. Now my questions. Did the 2009 M92’s have the sights as I described on my rifle? When did they change to the buckhorn and brass bead front sight? Thanks
Archer
2000 Shots
2000 Shots

Re: M92 production change dates

Post by Archer »

I acquired all three of my Rossi riflles sometime around 2013 to 2014 or so and they all went through the same shop when new although only one of them was purchased new by me. I would say they all had to have been received by the shop NIB sometime between 2011 and 2014. All three of them are Braztech buckhorned sighted with dovetailed front sights. Two are 20" round barrels and one is a 24" octagonal.
GasGuzzler

Post by GasGuzzler »

The sights on the 2009 have likely been changed. Pictures would help. The older ones are known for the better rear sight but with the barrel band front sight instead of in a dovetail.
__________________________________________________________________________________________
I've always been crazy but it's kept me from going insane.
mauserdad

Post by mauserdad »

Thanks. Will try to get pictures. Forgot to mention the warranty card was still in the manual and not filled out. I don’t think it would do me any good to send it in at this late of a date. The rifle is marked Braztech Miami
mauserdad

Post by mauserdad »

Thanks. Will try to get pictures. Forgot to mention the warranty card was still in the manual and not filled out. I don’t think it would do me any good to send it in at this late of a date. The rifle is marked Braztech Miami
HarryAlonzo
500 Shots
500 Shots

Post by HarryAlonzo »

Don’t know if the warranty card has ever done anybody any good.
mauserdad

Post by mauserdad »

Hope all 7 pictures come through.

Check my last posting that has links to images. Thanks
Last edited by mauserdad on 14 Dec 2019 12:11, edited 1 time in total.
mauserdad

Post by mauserdad »

having trouble posting pictures

Last edited by mauserdad on 14 Dec 2019 12:12, edited 1 time in total.
mauserdad

Post by mauserdad »

Last edited by mauserdad on 14 Dec 2019 12:12, edited 1 time in total.
mauserdad

Post by mauserdad »

Last edited by mauserdad on 14 Dec 2019 12:13, edited 1 time in total.