NOE incoming, have a "first" scope question

The Rossi Model R92, a lightweight carbine for Cowboy Action, hunting, or plinking! Includes Rossi manufactured Interarms, Navy Arms, and Puma trade names.
NavyDoc76-80
500 Shots
500 Shots

Re: NOE incoming, have a "first" scope question

Post by NavyDoc76-80 »

mr surveyor wrote:About 10 years ago one of my ffl buddies sold a lot of (cheap) NC Star and Leapers scopes. He talked me into buying several of them .... never again. I still have one NC Star on a Marlin Mod 60, and it does ok (I guess, since I haven't shot it in 3 or so years), but the rest of the low end, cheap stuff is long gone.

The Weaver K4 on the Rossi (per Ranch Dog's recommendation) is 100% on my R92 .44 mag. And for other stuff you can find a lot better than NC Star and Leapers for under a couple hundred bucks. Good glass to bring out the best in any long gun may cost as much as the gun itself (or more) - if you can afford it.

jd

Mr. Surveyor, I was wondering if you could share what rings you used to mount your scope. I’m finally getting around to it myself. Height? Etc.... I’m using the NOE mount, Weaver K just like you!
P.S., hope you’re been well.
Dave M
--//--
Let us tenderly and kindly cherish, therefore, the means of knowledge. Let us dare to read, think, speak and write.
John Adams

20" SS .357
16" SS .44
20" SS .45C
mr surveyor
1000 Shots
1000 Shots

Post by mr surveyor »

NavyDoc76-80 wrote:
mr surveyor wrote:About 10 years ago one of my ffl buddies sold a lot of (cheap) NC Star and Leapers scopes. He talked me into buying several of them .... never again. I still have one NC Star on a Marlin Mod 60, and it does ok (I guess, since I haven't shot it in 3 or so years), but the rest of the low end, cheap stuff is long gone.

The Weaver K4 on the Rossi (per Ranch Dog's recommendation) is 100% on my R92 .44 mag. And for other stuff you can find a lot better than NC Star and Leapers for under a couple hundred bucks. Good glass to bring out the best in any long gun may cost as much as the gun itself (or more) - if you can afford it.

jd

Mr. Surveyor, I was wondering if you could share what rings you used to mount your scope. I’m finally getting around to it myself. Height? Etc.... I’m using the NOE mount, Weaver K just like you!
P.S., hope you’re been well.

I wish I could say what they are, or where I even got them. Most likely were what RD recommended to mount the scope to the NOE rail. After the disasters of 2016 ( brain surgery(s) being the more serious), I kinda lost a lot of memories concerning a few less significant details about 2015-2017. Physically, I think I'm finally back to 75% of where I was in 2015 ... and I suppose, considering the age thing of turning 65 through all this mess that 75% is probably good at this stage. I'm still running my business and working in the "field" - partly because that's what keeps me improving/going, but mainly because I still like to eat and pay my bills.

Any way, I'll attach a pic showing the rings/scope and R92. Hopefully you can make something out of it.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Guns - They aren't really yours until you void the warranty!
jdl447

Post by jdl447 »

Hey Navy Doc. Welcome back. I have the same set up as Surveyor. It’s the Weaver K 4 Scout with Weaver medium quad lock rings.
NavyDoc76-80
500 Shots
500 Shots

Post by NavyDoc76-80 »

Yup that’s what I expected to see. Trying not to be lazy I did a search figuring it had been answered before. I found a pic Ranch had posted and the rings were not of the split/dual design that the Quad rings have. So I just wanted to make sure..
Thanks for replying all and the confirmations..

On a personal note, a lot of water has passed under that bridge of time since we shared. Despite your surgeries, I am so glad to hear you pushing on. I know it’s not easy. I too could write a book over the coming and goings of the last few years but may only be good for those suffering with insomnia.
Dave M
--//--
Let us tenderly and kindly cherish, therefore, the means of knowledge. Let us dare to read, think, speak and write.
John Adams

20" SS .357
16" SS .44
20" SS .45C