NOE incoming, have a "first" scope question

The Rossi Model R92, a lightweight carbine for Cowboy Action, hunting, or plinking! Includes Rossi manufactured Interarms, Navy Arms, and Puma trade names.
stevep1954

Re: NOE incoming, have a "first" scope question

Post by stevep1954 »

are the weaver K4's discontinued? i can't seem to find them online.
mr surveyor
1000 Shots
1000 Shots

Post by mr surveyor »

maybe call Natchez Shooters Supply .... I think they still offered them last year

jd
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Guns - They aren't really yours until you void the warranty!
Ohio3Wheels
1000 Shots
1000 Shots

Post by Ohio3Wheels »

mr surveyor wrote:maybe call Natchez Shooters Supply .... I think they still offered them last year

jd
I got their summer catalog the other day. They only list 1 "K" series scope and that is the 6x. They show handgun scopes but no scout scopes from Weaver. So yep I'd say give 'em a call.

Make smoke,
Curt... makin' smoke and raising my carbon foot print one cartridge at a time Image
Nashville Stage

Post by Nashville Stage »

Cheap scopes can be fine, so long as you go in with realistic expectations as to what you'll get out of it, and a healthy dose of patience to offset the quirks & lower quality.

For example, I earned my Rifleman patch at an Appleseed with an $8 plastic Tasco scope from Wal-mart. However... it was a super basic fixed 4x scope, and I was shooting at black & white targets in full daylight, so the quality of the image didn't need to be fantastic. The mechanism inside had a fair amount of slop, so making adjustments took some trial & error. I also had to handle it with kid gloves, otherwise it would lose its zero.

All that said, it did what I needed it to, and it gave me an introduction to scopes. After that, I better understood what I needed (and didn't need). Since then, I've bought nicer & more expensive scopes, confident that I'm not wasting money on features that are irrelevant to me.

Shopping for a scope can be a maddening process, considering the huge range of prices & lack of detailed information from the manufacturers. I know what it felt like when I first dipped my toe in those waters. :)
ver2cal

Post by ver2cal »

Ranch Dog wrote:
ver2cal wrote:I recommend the popular Weaver K4 Scout and Weaver Quadlock Rings setup. Economical yet very effective combo.
I'm running this setup on a lot of leverguns, Marlins and Rossi's, plus bolt guns.
I learned it from you! :-)
Ohio3Wheels
1000 Shots
1000 Shots

Post by Ohio3Wheels »

Digging through Natchez they do have the Weaver 4x Scout scope on sale right now for 129.99. Try searching on this stock number WE849417.

Make smoke,
Curt... makin' smoke and raising my carbon foot print one cartridge at a time Image
stevep1954

Post by stevep1954 »

thanks for the research!
Ohio3Wheels
1000 Shots
1000 Shots

Post by Ohio3Wheels »

stevep1954 wrote:thanks for the research!

YW

Make smoke,
Colli

Post by Colli »

Hello Folks!

Ordered a Hi Lux Long eye relief scope and NOE mount, lets see how that works out. Local gunsmith provides the rings.
It's frustruating to get anything here, everything costs a lot plus customs and load of taxes. Not to mention that nothing is available here and sellers won't ship things here, gun related especially.
Springs, yes, got to get a friend around good springs, and i do not mean water :D

Colli
Ranch Dog
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ranch Dog »

Well, at least NOE ships!
Michael