I found a slip on recoil pad that fits the R92

The Rossi Model R92, a lightweight carbine for Cowboy Action, hunting, or plinking! Includes Rossi manufactured Interarms, Navy Arms, and Puma trade names.
armyRN

Re: I found a slip on recoil pad that fits the R92

Post by armyRN »

Ok; so the slip on recoil pad arrived. Sadly, I was a little disappointed. It is still a little bit too big! It slips on-and-off too easily, and moves around a bit. Looks nice and is well made though - no criticism about the quality. I'll keep looking. I was hoping this one would be "the one".

I was putting the rifle back in the gun cabinet with the pad on, and I pulled it out to readjust the other rifles in there. The pad caught on the side of another rifle and pulled the pad off (rifle came out of the cabinet, but the pad just stayed there).
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Ranch Dog
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ranch Dog »

armyRN wrote:I was putting the rifle back in the gun cabinet with the pad on, and I pulled it out to readjust the other rifles in there. The pad caught on the side of another rifle and pulled the pad off (rifle came out of the cabinet, but the pad just stayed there).
Bummer!
Michael
Wakefieldad

Post by Wakefieldad »

Sorry you're not happy with it. That's how it fits my Rossi .357 mag as well. It's not form fitting tight, but it's the smallest commercial slip on compared to other Small easily bought and inexpensive pads. I find the fit works for what I need it to do.
JRexA

Post by JRexA »

geezee wrote: (needs an action job, too- separate issue)
If you haven't done it, then instead of an action job, just cycle the action, several 100 times. I did that, with my Armadeo Rossi 1892 Stainless, after replacing the standard lever, with a big Loop.
I think I cycled it, maybe 1000 times (Several times 15-30 minutes, without ammo, without pulling the trigger)
And that made a HUGE Difference.
Happy Shooting from Greenland
Jesper Rex