Loading gate problem on a 92 357.

The Rossi Model R92, a lightweight carbine for Cowboy Action, hunting, or plinking! Includes Rossi manufactured Interarms, Navy Arms, and Puma trade names.
Hogstir

Loading gate problem on a 92 357.

Post by Hogstir »

I bought a new R92 SS in 357. The top of the rim of the last round loaded (even if it is the only one loaded ) catches on the front of the loading gate instead of slipping back under it to the shell stop.
As a result the round sits at an angle on the carrier instead of sitting straight.
Any advice on how to correct this problem?
Hogstir

Re: Loading gate problem on a 92 357.

Post by Hogstir »

Looks like I figured it out. I had to reposition the gate slightly and back off on the loading gate screw. Apparently when the screw is tightened all the way the arch in the spring hits the receiver and flattens out forcing the front of the gate lower than it should be.
Hopefully locktite will keep the screw from backing out.
Nashville Stage

Post by Nashville Stage »

You can remove the loading gate & tweak the angle of the bend slightly so that it rests in the correct spot without having to loosen the screw. While it's out, you can also modify the spring portion slightly per Steve's Gunz tips to reduce the tension & make the gate easier to use. It's all personal preference, though.
GasGuzzler

Post by GasGuzzler »

Nashville Stage wrote:You can remove the loading gate & tweak the angle of the bend slightly so that it rests in the correct spot without having to loosen the screw. While it's out, you can also modify the spring portion slightly per Steve's Gunz tips to reduce the tension & make the gate easier to use. It's all personal preference, though.
...and file the razor edge off the gate at the same time. +corn
__________________________________________________________________________________________
I've always been crazy but it's kept me from going insane.
HarryAlonzo
500 Shots
500 Shots

Post by HarryAlonzo »

Even though you figured out a solution, aren't you glad you came?