Does Rossi still make the Rossi R92??

The Rossi Model R92, a lightweight carbine for Cowboy Action, hunting, or plinking! Includes Rossi manufactured Interarms, Navy Arms, and Puma trade names.
gqucool

Does Rossi still make the Rossi R92??

Post by gqucool »

Ok a very basic question thats in the topic.......I had a Rossi R92 sold it a few years back. Replaced it with a Marlin 1894C .357 JM stamped to have a scoped lever action .357. I miss the Rossi R92 I lucked out and found another Rossi R92 about 3 weeks ago the only difference is this rifle is a 3 year old model with better sights then the large looped carbine I had but other then that basically the same very reliable & very accurate rifle for just a 16 inch barrel!!! I did some research while I was looking for a Rossi R92 to me it seems like the .357 chambering on both the Marlin 1894 & the Rossi R92 seemed to have been pulled out of production for some reason?? I would run into .45LC & .44 Magnum chambering of the Rossi R92 now and then but the .357 was really hard to find thats why I felt so so lucky to find a Rossi R92 in .357. I did find what I thought was a gun test it was wrote up back in February or March of this year and I cannot remember the Magazine that it was in! But what I got out of it was that there had been some design or mfg changes in the Rossi R92 done by the parent company Taurus. So I thought that by now that there would be some Rossi R92's coming out again?? I see some new Marlin's 1894 C in .357's one with Skinner sights and a 16.5 barrel in .357 and a all weather version. The new Marlin 1894 C .357 that I looked at about a month ago I wasn't too impressed it didn't have a complete rear sight assembly.....whoa thats a big goof up by Marlin QC!!! The fit finish was nice but to send out a rifle with out the rear sight windage blade thats bad!!! My 3 year old Rossi well it is LNIB came with the original box and fit and finish to me was much nicer then the new Marlin I looked at. I feel that I have two of the nicer lever action .357 rifles out there the Marlin JM stamped 1894 C & the Rossi R92. So now the question still remains to me is Rossi making the R92 or not and if so then why is it taking so long there's plenty of Henry's out there that needs some competition from Rossi and Marlin again!!! Comments and thoughts welcomed!!! +guns +guns
Ranch Dog
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Does Rossi still make the Rossi R92??

Post by Ranch Dog »

The truth is that there is no way to tell what Rossi is going do. You can call or message RossiUSA, but their answers seem to be based more on hope. A few 357 Mag rifles have made it to the US this year, there never seem to be more than five or six on Gunbroker, new 2018 models verified with the new model numbers, not new old stock. At this point, there will be nothing until after the Shot Show for sure.
Michael
GRV01
250 Shots
250 Shots

Post by GRV01 »

I know its selfish of me but i hope the dry spell stays a couple more months as i still need to get out to my storage unit in Arizona to sell my 20" R92 357 and i really need a decent price on it that i know i wont haul in if new stock is finally on the market :(
No thin chicks
Currently reloading: 38 SPL, 357 MAG
Rossi's Owned: M92 .357 20"(Owned by Wifey: M92 .357 16")
gqucool

Post by gqucool »

Well I don't blame you for how you feel, but I dare to bet if you bring out your Rossi R92 that you will get what you want for it if its with in reason on your asking price!!!
Nashville Stage

Post by Nashville Stage »

Yes, we've seen 2017/2018 production coming into the US. However, they seem to come in short spurts, and even then it's a trickle. They get bought up quickly, too. You never know when some will show up.

As Ranch Dog & others will attest, the factory in Brazil seems to do things on a whim, and RossiUSA has no solid information to go on (let alone having a say in what goes on there).
m-saunoras

Post by m-saunoras »

One of my high volume LGS just got a stainless 20" 357 in. The fit and finish on it was really good and it didn't have the hammer trigger lock like the Braztech stamped guns do. Needless to say I stuck it on layaway even though I have the exact gun only blued.
Archer
2000 Shots
2000 Shots

Post by Archer »

m-saunoras wrote:One of my high volume LGS just got a stainless 20" 357 in. The fit and finish on it was really good and it didn't have the hammer trigger lock like the Braztech stamped guns do. Needless to say I stuck it on layaway even though I have the exact gun only blued.
I'd have done the same although I want a 20" SS as a knockabout and to scope even though I've got the 20" blued.
Zuesdog

Post by Zuesdog »

Hey all, new member here, just purchased 20 inch stainless steel 357 date stamp bottom of tank says it was made September 2018 #7CR003335l Just thought I’d pass that information along if anyone’s interested as told by my FFL new plant is up and running. They had 5 44mag SS 20” and 5 357 20” SS. Local gun dealer also had a 16 inch 44 mag blued that they sold at the gun show this weekend so hopefully more guns are common.
9x80Drilling

Post by 9x80Drilling »

Zuesdog, welcome to the forum. I'm in sw Colorado in between Dolores and Cortez. Where is your home?

Thanks for the info you passed along. It sounds very hopeful. Perhaps both our weather drought and our Rossi drought have ended. It's about time.
Ohio3Wheels
1000 Shots
1000 Shots

Post by Ohio3Wheels »

First I've heard og 44 Mags being available.

Make smoke,
Curt... makin' smoke and raising my carbon foot print one cartridge at a time Image