Sight replacement.

The Rossi Model R92, a lightweight carbine for Cowboy Action, hunting, or plinking! Includes Rossi manufactured Interarms, Navy Arms, and Puma trade names.
Ranch Dog
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Sight replacement.

Post by Ranch Dog »

9x80Drilling wrote:I was just trying to resurrect the old thread "What Optic are you mounting to your NOE Scout Base?" and found that old threads like that are locked.
So, since I'm changing sighting arrangements again (!) on my 92, It seems this is a good thread to post in.
You can always open a new topic, we need them as this forum has reached a low point of participation where it might not viable to continue.
9x80Drilling wrote:I've used a Williams aperture with their ghost ring, with both the original bead and now a fire optic front, a Leatherwood 2-7x32 Scout, a SightMark green and red dot, and a Burris FastFire3. It's time to try another scout scope.
My short list includes RD's favorite Weaver K 4, Leupold 1.5-4x28 Scout, Burris 2.75x28 Scout, and the Swift 4x20 pistol scope. The Burris only weighs 7 oz., so that's at the top of the list right now.
What comparisons/recommendations can anyone give at this time for scouts on 92s?
Thanks, and keep on shooting.
I'm shooting 19 scout rifles now, all with the Weaver. I've seen a lot of big game drop looking through them.
Michael
HarryAlonzo
500 Shots
500 Shots

Post by HarryAlonzo »

I use the Swift 2 x 20 on my stainless 44. The eye relief on the 4X Swift might be a little long for the 92. I typically don't care about appearances, but I limited my search to scopes available with a nickel finish. Otherwise, the Burris 2.75 would be my choice. I don't reach out all that far with the 92, so 2 - 3X suits me fine, and I like the lower magnification to have a big field of view for close range targets.

Are you restricting your search to new scopes? If you're open to used, there are plenty of Leupold M8 2X EERs to be had. If I were to scope another 92, that would be my choice.
dalek

Post by dalek »

vtoran wrote:
Ranch Dog wrote:If not that I would probably choose Votran's Bolt Mounted Peep as a first consideration and if that was not available
Not Votran, correct is Vtoran
But Votran sounds like one of those Giant robots from Japanese shows! :lol:
GasGuzzler

Post by GasGuzzler »

And we all know what a dalek is.

Exterminate!
__________________________________________________________________________________________
I've always been crazy but it's kept me from going insane.