Sights

The Rossi Model R92, a lightweight carbine for Cowboy Action, hunting, or plinking! Includes Rossi manufactured Interarms, Navy Arms, and Puma trade names.
mr surveyor
1000 Shots
1000 Shots

Re: Sights

Post by mr surveyor »

barracudadave67 wrote:If a rifle, or carbine is shooting 4-8 inches high with the stock sights, the first thing to do is replace the front sight with a much taller front sight. This will bring the POI down. When I replaced my sights I removed the fronts and measured the height of them, and ordered accordingly, some had to be higher, some lower.

All 4 of my R92s have Marbles full buckhorn rear sights, and either Marbles 1/16th front beads, or Williams firesights. My 16in .45colt shoots excellent groups at 50 yrds, and opens up just a little at 100yrds.

I did not shoot my 92s with the stock sights as I did not like them. they were not fine enough for me. I have old eyes at 75yrs.

Something is not right with rifle, or you are using the wrong front sights, that are too short. A rifle shot at 25-30 yrds still has the projectile rising at that distance, did you shoot it at longer ranges,??. Maybe you know all this.
Dave
Don't you mean "apparent" rise at 25 yards? Since the irons are nearly 1/2" above bore axis, you do have a bit of parallax to deal with. From my tiny bit of education, gravity takes effect immediately ... in this case, when the bullet leaves the barrel.

Not nitpicking ... just clarifying - or useless blathering, which ever might be the case.

jd
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Guns - They aren't really yours until you void the warranty!