Lot's of Hoopla Over Ruger's PC Carbine For SD - But

The Rossi Model R92, a lightweight carbine for Cowboy Action, hunting, or plinking! Includes Rossi manufactured Interarms, Navy Arms, and Puma trade names.
GasGuzzler

Re: Lot's of Hoopla Over Ruger's PC Carbine For SD - But

Post by GasGuzzler »

Archer wrote:
GasGuzzler wrote:Agree.

Off topic but I bought my first TRS-25 for the latest (4th) 300BLK LEGO rifle. All the others found new homes before being shot. I wanna keep this one. Hope the cheapie dot works.
I just picked up a Romeo 5 as a cheapie dot to try.
Not certain it's going to make the cut. IF it doesn't however then it's going to have saved me a heck of a lot of funding since it's unlikely the Aimpoint would have suited me any better at all.

Outside of cowitnessing the iron sights and possibly a weight hit I'm sort of reaching the stage where I'm considering a 1-4 or 1-6 scope beats the dot sights all hollow.
An unsuppressed 300BLK with a 16" barrel isn't designed for the range that requires a scope.
Last edited by GasGuzzler on 17 Sep 2018 17:14, edited 1 time in total.
__________________________________________________________________________________________
I've always been crazy but it's kept me from going insane.
rondog
250 Shots
250 Shots

Post by rondog »

Had to Google this Ruger PC y'all are talking about - looks interesting! Looks like a fun lil' blaster. Not all guns have to be flawless assault weapons, perfect home defense, meat-makers, or benchrest rifles. Range toys are OK too.
golfish
500 Shots
500 Shots

Post by golfish »

rondog wrote:Had to Google this Ruger PC y'all are talking about - looks interesting! Looks like a fun lil' blaster. Not all guns have to be flawless assault weapons, perfect home defense, meat-makers, or benchrest rifles. Range toys are OK too.
IMO, Ruger really hit it out of the ball park with this one. I'd really like to see them make it in .45acp and use 1911 mags. It's fun to shoot and pretty accurate but no where near as fun as shooting a 357/38 lever gun. 9mm, 45acp, Glock mags and 1911 mags are always available and cheaper than most. With a cheap red dot, this gun is almost boring to shoot.
Mad Trapper
500 Shots
500 Shots

Post by Mad Trapper »

If I lived in or near a big city, and had a get out of town bag setup, grab and go bag,etc. I would get one of these carbines, break it down and keep it in my backpack, match it up with my belt pistol caliber and mags.
Add one box of the 9mm bear loads, then several boxes standard 9mm ammo, personal preference.
Keep a pound or two of jerky in the pack, water filter, canteen, fire kit, license,passport,cash, small gun cleaning kit,etc.
Should have enough firepower to keep a person safe and get them where they need to go.
If you end up in dangerous wilderness area, load up the buffalo bore ammo.
I was reading Elmer Keiths sixguns, he talks about a mountain man that lived in the montana/idaho mountains back in the early 1900s.
He carried a broomhandle mauser, thats it.
He used it for protection, small and big game hunting, including grizz.
He would get in close and take head shots.
Elmer said that was the ugliest gun he had ever seen, but it was deadly accurate, and the old mountain man made it work.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mauser_C96

If this pistol can be made to work, I think the PC carbine can do the job in an emergency scenario.