Deleted

The Rossi Model R92, a lightweight carbine for Cowboy Action, hunting, or plinking! Includes Rossi manufactured Interarms, Navy Arms, and Puma trade names.
Arroyoshark
250 Shots
250 Shots

Re: 'Winchesters' vs 'Winchesters' vs 'Winchesters'

Post by Arroyoshark »

Archer wrote: I'm not wild about Brazilian manufacturing processes and lack of quality control and customer service.
I'm not so rich or stuck up that I'll turn my nose up at a working Rossi or Taurus but at the same time if a nice Winchester or Browning shows up at the right time and price I'll not turn it away either.

Sometimes you get what you pay for.
You always pay for what you get in one way or another.

My advice has remained pretty consistent: Buy what you want and can afford. If you can't afford it right now then start saving. You will be much more happy with what you want than you will buying something you don't want. Regardless of what you buy inspect it with a fine toothed comb. Look for a good deal and count your change.

Good reply !
When sitting down to clean a gun, the first step is to load another gun - Elmer Keith
Deleted User 327

Post by Deleted User 327 »

Deleted
Last edited by Deleted User 327 on 17 Jan 2021 17:48, edited 1 time in total.
Arroyoshark
250 Shots
250 Shots

Post by Arroyoshark »

No worries there Steve, drag the one of your own choice through the woods and desert. To me the important thing is getting out to the woods and desert !

I believe Archer and I were principally commenting about the assertions in your original post regarding Japanese manufactured Winchesters and rendering opinions based upon our own experience ~

To wit: "I don't get the appeal of spending so much more money on a 'Winchester' made by Miroku in Nankoku, Kchi Prefecture, Japan over a 'Winchester' made by Rossi in San Leopoldo, or now Sao Leopoldo, Brazil, or a 'Winchester' made by Uberti in Brescia, Italy. None of the 'Winchesters' are made in America any more so the fact is that they are all just a licensed copy made by someone other than Winchester. Sure, the Japanese have the right to rollmark them "Winchester" and the Brazilians and Italians don't but is that really worth that much to everyone?"

Last I checked with online pricing, Rossi levers, when listings are found, are running around $600 - $700 today. In comparison, new Miroku/Winchester 1892's can be obtained online (check gunbroker) for around $900. All are tidy sums for a basic "people's" long arm, but that is the way it is. Point tho is there is not a factor of 2-1/2 in pricing btw'n a Rossi lever that can possess some manufacturing shortcomings out of the box and a seemingly flawless manufactured Miroku/Winchester.

As I had said, I am grateful that we do still have choices in this area. Any of the available models are better than no available models. There is a quip in northern New Mexico, "toocheezown".
When sitting down to clean a gun, the first step is to load another gun - Elmer Keith
Deleted User 327

Deleted
golfish
500 Shots
500 Shots

Post by golfish »

Steve, what makes you think Rossi is going to make the 24" rifle? Its not listed on their site ? I hope they do, it seems like it was a good seller.
Arroyoshark
250 Shots
250 Shots

Post by Arroyoshark »

LOL ... I suspect most observers would have opinion we've wrastled this one into the dirt, and I would agree.

I saw the images of your Rossi carbine and rifle and they certainly look nice and have stood up to thousands of rounds by your count. A good rifle is a good rifle. Gotta go with who makes what ya want.

Have others, but I succumbed to a Miroku/Win. and they are all that, cool operators out of the box, but ya have to be willing to use it and accept honest wear - I do. I only had to cry once - at purchase.

Here's hoping the upcoming Rossi's from new plant live up to billing.
Deleted User 327

Deleted
Ranch Dog
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ranch Dog »

COSteve wrote:All in all, it seemed that they were as frustrated as we are that the inventory is only dribbling out at this time.
It also must be scary for them. It takes a lot of selling to pay them and there hasn't been much selling.

I follow the court that is handling their parents class action concerning the Millenium Pro settlement. Two years down the road and Taurus is still dragging their feet. Some customers have been without replacement pistols for that long. Those that surrendered them for the cash settlement haven't been paid either. The court just gave them a very short period to get the checks out. Overall, I don't think that Taurus has much regard for the legal system in this country or at least they thumb their nose at it constantly.

The reason I mention this is that all this takes funds to manipulate and I'm sure Rossi isn't getting a fair share of the Corporate pie.
Michael
Deleted User 327

Deleted
Last edited by Deleted User 327 on 17 Jan 2021 17:49, edited 1 time in total.
GRV01
250 Shots
250 Shots

Post by GRV01 »

COSteve wrote:I agree. Being 'held hostage' by a parent company that's not playing on the up and up would wear at anyone. My daughter just left a company that disregarded federal HR laws and she, being in HR, was constantly at odds saying, "I can't do that, it's a Federal Felony to."
Bravo to her integrity -- it takes guts to walk away from something good yet at odds with your conscience
No thin chicks
Currently reloading: 38 SPL, 357 MAG
Rossi's Owned: M92 .357 20"(Owned by Wifey: M92 .357 16")