"Never sell a gun"

The Rossi Model R92, a lightweight carbine for Cowboy Action, hunting, or plinking! Includes Rossi manufactured Interarms, Navy Arms, and Puma trade names.
GRV01
250 Shots
250 Shots

"Never sell a gun"

Post by GRV01 »

Im torn folks. After an aborted move to Arizona for a new job im now back in Florida but me and wifeys firearms are in a gunsafe of a former corworker in Tucson. Things are tight financially and ive got more stuff over there in a small storage unit but im itching to get moved out of that gentleman's safe.

Unfortunately to pay for it it looks like im gonna have to do some fundraising which means maybe selling my 20" 92 in 357. I dont want to but it seems like the most affordable choice, and wed still have wifeys 16" 92 also in 357

not even sure how id go about doing a sale of a firearm sitting in someone elses house halfway across the country. Just musing outloud i guess
No thin chicks
Currently reloading: 38 SPL, 357 MAG
Rossi's Owned: M92 .357 20"(Owned by Wifey: M92 .357 16")
GasGuzzler

Re: "Never sell a gun"

Post by GasGuzzler »

I use to be only buy what you'll keep. The AR world changed that. I buy good deal stuff then get tight on cash.

Breath deep and settle. Your answer will come.
__________________________________________________________________________________________
I've always been crazy but it's kept me from going insane.
remus

Post by remus »

I have regretted selling almost every gun I have ever sold, if not soon after the sale, later down the road of life.
GasGuzzler

Post by GasGuzzler »

My only regret so far was a Marlin 25MN but I got $350 for it so.....
__________________________________________________________________________________________
I've always been crazy but it's kept me from going insane.
mr surveyor
1000 Shots
1000 Shots

Post by mr surveyor »

Over the last 10-15 years I've bought and sold several dozens of guns, and only kept the "special" ones. Most of those that are in the "no longer owned" file are rightfully in their place. But, I did let go a very nice Ruger .357 mag Security Six in 2009 that I absolutely regret losing. A couple of the cylinders needed a couple thousandths normalizing and it would have been perfect. I should have known, even at that time, that shipping it back to Ruger would have resulted in it coming back in a more pristine condition for little more cost than shipping. That's for sure one that I wish I'd never let go. Really wish I'd never let go!

jd
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Guns - They aren't really yours until you void the warranty!
Iplayfarmer

Post by Iplayfarmer »

What makes guns different than classic cars or jewelry or artwork?

I've heard a lot of people firmly in the camp of "never sell a gun". I'm not sure where I stand on that issue. I have regretted a few guns I've sold, and I've been more than happy to get rid of some of them after full disclosure to the new buyer of issues I've had.

Of course, I could say the same for nearly every other category of goods I've dealt with. I sold an old Pennsylvania Panzer garden tractor a few years back, and I miss it. My old Chevy Lumina LTZ was surprisingly fun to drive. I was sad when it didn't fit the family anymore.

Obviously if you have all the money you could want then by all means hang on to every gun you come across.

I have been served well by the thought of "Would I buy this right now at the selling price, or would I keep the money?" That usually puts things into perspective.