Project Stainless Rossi .357 “Lever Scout” SBR

The Rossi Model R92, a lightweight carbine for Cowboy Action, hunting, or plinking! Includes Rossi manufactured Interarms, Navy Arms, and Puma trade names.
Ranch Dog
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Project Stainless Rossi .357 “Lever Scout” SBR

Post by Ranch Dog »

Very nice work and thanks for taking the time to detail your effort!

XS has a sight the fits the receiver aft of the locking bolts, it is the LG-0001-5. Curious why you went with the M94 sight?

In the future, if the Weaver slots don't work for you with the Rossi mount NOE has a Picatinny rail for the R92. The link to it is at the bottom of the page.
Michael
kingstrider

Post by kingstrider »

Ranch Dog wrote:Very nice work and thanks for taking the time to detail your effort!

XS has a sight the fits the receiver aft of the locking bolts, it is the LG-0001-5. Curious why you went with the M94 sight?

In the future, if the Weaver slots don't work for you with the Rossi mount NOE has a Picatinny rail for the R92. The link to it is at the bottom of the page.
That is a good question and something I discussed with one of the XS engineers who provided the measurements below:

Because the depth is identical for both models, each will overhang the back of receiver the same amount, or roughly 1/8” when mounted behind the locking bolts. If you look very closely you can see the overhang on this 92 sight on a Rossi here:
http://levergunscommunity.com/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=20015.

The biggest reason is the screw spacing is much tighter on the LG-0001-5, or 0.208” to be exact. The photo below isn’t very clear but that would put the screws much closer to the working parts of the gun and is the main reason I went with the 94 sight on my build. The only downside is the WI-0012-5 is slightly wider at 0.030”. This is less than 1/32” and is so negligible it is not an issue since the sides of the receiver are marginally wider at about 1.073”.

I did consider using the NOE rail before I found the factory scope mount. It looks nice but is much taller so I don't like the look as much. I may add an American Defense AD-22 mount for the Burris Fastfire but will just mill the factory mount if and when needed.
HarryAlonzo
500 Shots
500 Shots

Post by HarryAlonzo »

kingstrider wrote: I may add an American Defense AD-22 mount for the Burris Fastfire but will just mill the factory mount if and when needed.
I have a Burris Fastfire 3, and the factory mount was surprisingly cheesy. I replaced it with the AD-22, which is much more solid.
dionesius3

Post by dionesius3 »

Wow Very nice work on that 92! You should be proud of that and it should work well!
Great work!
zissman

Post by zissman »

FWIW - I like it! I also have a Burris 2.75 scout scope mounted on an M1 Garand and it is an excellent set up.

I thought about SBRing a ranch hand, but would prefer a stainless. Doubt I'll ever get one, and don't have the $ to have it done. So I'm enjoying this.

Thanks for sharing.
- Z-man
kingstrider

Post by kingstrider »

Thanks for the compliments, slowly making progress..
Archer
2000 Shots
2000 Shots

Post by Archer »

VERY NICE WORK!
btoran

Post by btoran »

WOW! nice project. i like the customized silencer. do you make a human version (my boys are 9 and 10 years old)?
Bruce

Rossi R92 16" SS .357
Lee Classic Turret Press

Don't eat anything bigger than your head!
kingstrider

Post by kingstrider »

Thanks for the compliments, just updated posts 4 & 5 with videos of the completed can!
akuser47
Founding Member
Founding Member

Post by akuser47 »

Nice work, I think I'm going to get a cz sp01 for my next carry gun somthing about their look throws me I like them. Is your 75 really accurate? Also with your 92 and your 75 suppressed, did you have any point of impact deviation?
Live Free,Ride Free, Or Die Fighting, For The Right, To do So!