The new self-made rear sight...and one more...and the last

The Rossi Model R92, a lightweight carbine for Cowboy Action, hunting, or plinking! Includes Rossi manufactured Interarms, Navy Arms, and Puma trade names.
vtoran

Re: The new self-made rear sight

Post by vtoran »

One full turn of the serrated wheel moves the sight to 0.5 mm - so it is very fine.
The idea is to mark some dots with centre punch or permanent marker according to different distances and different ammo, so you can change them fast.
vtoran

Post by vtoran »

In June I will be on vacation. In July I will have 3 new sites and can sell them.
Steelbanger
Founding Member
Founding Member

Post by Steelbanger »

Hey Michael,
Per your comment on a previous thread " I wish they offered an R92 in another cartridge than the current listings."

I know where there is a Rossi 44-40 for sale. Interested?

Frank
Steelbanger, NRA Life
Annual Member PRPA
Marlin - a hard habit to break.
Searcher4851

Post by Searcher4851 »

Very nice looking setup.
vtoran

Post by vtoran »

Finally I made one Rear Sight sale.
May be I will have another later. Too much time needed (I do not have access to the lathe).
Note: this is not factory made device, very big % of a hand work.[hr][/hr]I RESPECT THAT YOU WENT SO FAR TO MAKE THIS BUT WE CANNOT HAVE LINKED ADDS IN ANY FORUM. PLACE AN ADD IN THE APPROPRIATE BUY, SELL, OR TRADE FORUM TO CONTACT YOU FOR PURCHASE. PLEASE DON'T TAKE THIS AS NEGATIVE, WE WELCOME YOUR INPUT AND PARTICIPATION BUT RANCH DOG HAS ESTABLISH RULES TO KEEP THIS FORUM AD FREE.
AKUSER47
NavyDoc76-80
500 Shots
500 Shots

Post by NavyDoc76-80 »

Andrew, I was just expressing my thoughts on the Scope thread when I saw this. It's a great idea. I think all the questions asked covered it but this one for me is, how does it secure to the rifle? What's holding it in place?
p.s. I really think you need to get hold of a lathe, cause this would sell!
Dave M
--//--
Let us tenderly and kindly cherish, therefore, the means of knowledge. Let us dare to read, think, speak and write.
John Adams

20" SS .357
16" SS .44
20" SS .45C
vtoran

Post by vtoran »

It is fixed the same way as safety with the stud. The difference is You can not turn it, because cavity is only on one side (not around).
jdb

Post by jdb »

NavyDoc76-80 wrote:...p.s. I really think you need to get hold of a lathe, cause this would sell!
I agree with Doc, vtoran. I was thinking about just machining my safety off to a button like Ranch Dog or someone had posted a how-to for. But THIS THING...that's a whole nother level of options. It would give us the option of using elevated, peep, shoot through, see through, whatever they are called scope rings out on the barrel and still have use of open sights for close in shooting.

For anyone who lives in brush country, they KNOW the value of open sights in heavy brush. As it is now, for us older guys with bad eyes, we are forced to compromise with optics and either use a 1x power scope and just dedicate the rifle to closer ranges or a high power adjustable scope dedicate more for long distances and HOPE we don't get charged by something. NOT a good option and especially if you are in bear or moose country!

Your little gadget fixes that!

GREAT JOB vtoran. A beautifully subtle fix and design for a problem Rossi didn't even know they had. While I LOVE the throwback, Winchester type top eject design of my Rossi, it DOES present a challenge for optics. You have solved that for the 92!

Good on ya!
"As to the species of exercise, I advise the gun. While this gives moderate exercise to the body, it gives boldness, enterprise, and independence to the mind." Thomas Jefferson
vtoran

Post by vtoran »

Can find it in Buy, Sell, or Trade - Member to Member Transactions forum - All Other Items - "Rear sight for Rossi 92"
Ranch Dog
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ranch Dog »

vtoran wrote:Can find it in Buy, Sell, or Trade - Member to Member Transactions forum - All Other Items - "Rear sight for Rossi 92"
This would be the correct forum to sell your sights: http://www.rossi-rifleman.com/viewforum.php?f=36

Please comply with the rules listed on that page
Michael