ROSSI 92 M SS IN 45LC

The Rossi Model R92, a lightweight carbine for Cowboy Action, hunting, or plinking! Includes Rossi manufactured Interarms, Navy Arms, and Puma trade names.
cpt-t

ROSSI 92 M SS IN 45LC

Post by cpt-t »

I have a ROSSI 92 M SS 20 inch round barrel in 45 LC, it has a saddle ring on the left side. For the most part other than the gun being SS it looks like just one of the 92 WIN`S, that I was brought up with. I can`t find a serial number the only lettering on my rifle is 45 COLT on the left side of the barrel left of the sights. On the top strap in the stock it says AMDEO ROSSI SA-MADE IN BRAZIL. On the bottom strap under the lever it says MODEL 92 SRC INTERARMS ALEXANDRIA VIRGINIA. The only other lettering on the rifle is on the bottom of the reciver in front of the lever it has RR 0912 OF 2000. Bought it at a Gun Show 12 or 13 years ago NIB, to Cowboy shoot with and I have never had any type of problems with it. I use 250 tp 255 gr bullets RNFP in both my 45LC pistoles and rifle same load. My rifle does not feed SWC very smooth so I don`t use them But it sure feeds RNFP`S just as smooth as the old 92 WIN I grew up with. If any of you can tell me anything about this rifle I will be in your debt that RR 0912 OF 2000 has always made me scratch my head. Like I said I have never seen another rifle like it with the same marking`s. Other than Cowboy shoots, I have hunted with it quite a bit. I have taken several coyotes, jackrabbits, badger`s, a couple of pigs, and 3 deer with it. It is a real pleasure to carry and shoot my little rifle, and I am very proud of it. I hope I have not bored you guys to much with my rambleing`s, Thanks for letting me join your group. GOOD LUCK TO YOU: ken
Ranch Dog
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: ROSSI 92 M SS IN 45LC

Post by Ranch Dog »

There should be someone that knows something about. The serial number suggests a special run rifle.
Michael
pricedo
2000 Shots
2000 Shots

Post by pricedo »

Rossi has made many "lines" of rifles for various companies during the decades they have been in the business like Navy Arms and more recently LSI.
The customer company decides on the specifics of each run of rifle in regards to quantity and quality
Some runs of Rossi 92 like the ones sold under the Navy Arms logo were superb in the fit & finish department with fancy walnut stocks.......other Rossi 92s had the Brazilian mystery wood stocks and the fit & finish left something to be desired.
The "R" series of 92s sold by Braztech are "so-so" in the fit and finish & furniture department but when "spiffed up" are real shooters. I have a couple of spiffed up Rossis that are tack drivers.
LIFE MEMBER - NRA & GOA
Ray384
Founding Member
Founding Member

Post by Ray384 »

I have RR 00014 of 2000, bought it the same day that I got my Rio Grande. Did the Nate treatment on it for Cowboy Shooting. It gets a little cranky using BP, but otherwise does good. I found it interesting that even the extractor had a number stamped on it.

That day, it was weird to find two rifles that looked so similar, since they are both SS and the stocks are the same color.