Looked at a Puma 44mag today

The Rossi Model R92, a lightweight carbine for Cowboy Action, hunting, or plinking! Includes Rossi manufactured Interarms, Navy Arms, and Puma trade names.
RCG

Re: Looked at a Puma 44mag today

Post by RCG »

I have had mine for just over six weeks, and I am delighted with it. I was fortunate to find it on the rack at a local dealer, and was able to hand pick it. It had a pretty slick action right off the bat, and a bit of use and some Slip 2000 have made it even more so. A stainless model was what I was looking for when I found mine (20" round bbl., blue finish) and I grabbed it before some other fool found it. I didn't want to order one and get a turd, as someone above did.

I can't understand why so many folks get so worked up over the safety. There is no cross bolt safety, ala Marlin, there is no rebounding hammer or tang safety, ala Miroku, nor does mine have an eight-pound lawyer trigger. The trigger is quite nice, in fact.

My present load (which it likes very much) is 21 gr. of 2400, a Sierra 210 gr. JHP and a CCI 300 primer, for just over 1700 ft/sec over a chronograph. The rifle likes the load, I like the load, and it will certainly handle anything I am likely to run across here. At present my hunting partner and I are trying to reduce the local coyote population.

All in all, it is a sweet little rifle, a very efficient tool, and easy to carry in the woods.

Plus it looks like a proper rifle should look.