Saw a 454 Casull on GunAuctions

The Rossi Model R92, a lightweight carbine for Cowboy Action, hunting, or plinking! Includes Rossi manufactured Interarms, Navy Arms, and Puma trade names.
Ranch Dog
Site Admin
Site Admin

Saw a 454 Casull on GunAuctions

Post by Ranch Dog »

I don't know if this is a fair price for a new stainless 92, haven't seen enough of them on the auctions sites to know. Its not my rifle just thought one of you guys would buy it! ;)

Rossi 454 Casull Lever Action w/20" Round Stainless Barrel
Michael
pricedo
2000 Shots
2000 Shots

Re: Saw a 454 Casull on GunAuctions

Post by pricedo »

Ranch Dog wrote:I don't know if this is a fair price for a new stainless 92, haven't seen enough of them on the auctions sites to know. Its not my rifle just thought one of you guys would buy it! ;)

Rossi 454 Casull Lever Action w/20" Round Stainless Barrel
$561.68 ....................it's over $100 more than I paid for mine but mine is a blue model & the one for sale is stainless and it's over a year later.

Looked the model number up on the Rossi website.

The MSRP is $719.

If I didn't have one I'd take it.

If it was a 16" model I'd take it anyway.

If you see one in .480 Ruger kicking around let me know. :!:

I'd be jumpin on that quick RD to get some real firepower in your hands. :P
LIFE MEMBER - NRA & GOA
Barry in IN
Founding Member
Founding Member

Post by Barry in IN »

The local shop had a new 20" stainless .44 Mag (sounds about the same except for caliber) last month, and it was $449. I don't know if that means anything or is worthless info.
pricedo
2000 Shots
2000 Shots

Post by pricedo »

Barry in IN wrote:The local shop had a new 20" stainless .44 Mag (sounds about the same except for caliber) last month, and it was $449. I don't know if that means anything or is worthless info.
$449 is more in line with what I paid for my Puma.
$561 is kinda steep for the stainless .454 ............guess it depends on how bad you want one & if it's the only one in town.
The law of supply & demand.
LIFE MEMBER - NRA & GOA
Ranch Dog
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ranch Dog »

pricedo wrote:If you see one in .480 Ruger kicking around let me know. :!:

I'll let you know about a 480 when I post pictures of it in my hand! 8-) Hey... I consider you a friend but come on, a 480 is a 480 ;)

I'm good on the 45 right now as I possibly bought a Thunderbolt in that last few days as well as that Scout 92 :? I'm not big on the stainless rifles, I have always stuck with the blue.
Barry in IN wrote:The local shop had a new 20" stainless .44 Mag (sounds about the same except for caliber) last month, and it was $449. I don't know if that means anything or is worthless info.
I paid $400 and $489 for my two 92s in the Scout configuration. I'm really holding out for a .357 Mag in that style, that is actually the one I originally wanted. I checked with both Rossi and Davidsons and they say they are out there, just out of stock. Seems like the used Rossi's are few are far between. That speaks well of the product.
Michael
pricedo
2000 Shots
2000 Shots

Post by pricedo »

Ranch Dog wrote:
pricedo wrote:If you see one in .480 Ruger kicking around let me know. :!:

I'll let you know about a 480 when I post pictures of it in my hand! 8-) Hey... I consider you a friend but come on, a 480 is a 480 ;)

I'm good on the 45 right now as I possibly bought a Thunderbolt in that last few days as well as that Scout 92 :? I'm not big on the stainless rifles, I have always stuck with the blue.
I paid $400 and $489 for my two 92s in the Scout configuration. I'm really holding out for a .357 Mag in that style, that is actually the one I originally wanted. I checked with both Rossi and Davidsons and they say they are out there, just out of stock. Seems like the used Rossi's are few are far between. That speaks well of the product.
I've invested enough of myself in my Rossis that they'll only see a used gun rack after I'm pushing up daisies.
LIFE MEMBER - NRA & GOA