92 scabbards

The Rossi Model R92, a lightweight carbine for Cowboy Action, hunting, or plinking! Includes Rossi manufactured Interarms, Navy Arms, and Puma trade names.
OnTarget
Founding Member
Founding Member

92 scabbards

Post by OnTarget »

Anyone here use a scabbard to store their 92 (16" in particular). I am looking for something to keep my 92 in but am having a hard time finding anything I like. Any suggestions on what you all use would be great.
Pepe Ray
Founding Member
Founding Member

Re: 92 scabbards

Post by Pepe Ray »

The Guide (Sportsmans Guide) has carried one for years. It was $40. when I got mine.
Very nice leather but was soaked with neatsfoot oil. Required some cleaning of the excess.
A good deal. IOW worth the efforts.
Pepe Ray
Salvation is ONLY through JESUS.
Freedom is ONLY through ETERNAL VIGILANCE and SACRIFICE.
dpe.ahoy
Founding Member
Founding Member

Post by dpe.ahoy »

Same place has one for the military shotgun that should work very well for the 16" carbine if you don't mind it not being leather. DP
pricedo
2000 Shots
2000 Shots

Post by pricedo »

I use an ordinary cheap zip-up lined vinyl case to carry the gun in the back of the truck.
In the field I use the Quake "Claw" sling that has a conventional swivel & stud attachment at the butt stock and a braided nylon strap choker loop at the front end that won't fall off.
I hate those band attachments for slings that fit around the magazine tube because any bulging or distortion to the magazine tube whatsoever will result in push rod jams & ammo hangups.......I tend be very careful not to subject the relatively thin walled & delicate magazine tube to any blows, pressure or stress.......that means NO sling swivel bands.
LIFE MEMBER - NRA & GOA
WV338

Post by WV338 »

Check out http://www.cowboyneeds.com. They have one by Triple K for $80.
Good luck and good shooting...
Whisper Ventures
"Where the pavement ends our venture begins"
pricedo
2000 Shots
2000 Shots

Post by pricedo »

Cochise Leather makes some pretty good stuff.
They made me a nice holster for my Chiappa Mare's Leg.
Considering the quality of the workmanship the price was pretty reasonable.......$140 at the time.
LIFE MEMBER - NRA & GOA
pricedo
2000 Shots
2000 Shots

Post by pricedo »

I generally don't hunt on horseback and don't use a scabbard to carry my leverguns. I use a Quake "The Claw" sling which is fastened by a conventional "eye" sling attachment underneath the butt stock and a nylon strap choker loop around the barrel & magazine tube in front of the for-end.
The installation requires drilling one small hole in the butt stock to accommodate the stud with the eye in it & that is as intrusive as I ever want to get with a legacy (Win 92) or pseudo-legacy (Win 92 clone) firearm.
The generous pad is very light, soft and rubbery yet strong & will NOT cut into your shoulder.
"The Claw" sling has absolutely no metal parts to scrape & rattle & spook game.
This circumvents the need for one of those atrocious half moon or full moon magazine tube clamps which I hate because they deform and bulge magazine tubes if they are improperly applied causing cartridge/push rod hang-ups.
90% of the problems I have encountered in other peoples leverguns with ammo hanging up in magazine tubes is because of tube deformation caused by over tightening of these abominable sling clamps.
I'd rather have my levergun slung over my shoulder when hunting on foot & use a conventional zip up WalMart bought lined case for transporting it in my pick-up truck.
LIFE MEMBER - NRA & GOA