My evolving truck gun project

The Rossi Model R92, a lightweight carbine for Cowboy Action, hunting, or plinking! Includes Rossi manufactured Interarms, Navy Arms, and Puma trade names.
UTShooter71

Re: My evolving truck gun project

Post by UTShooter71 »

HarryAlonzo wrote:Beamshot RF9 with a 1/4 inch thick rubber shim on the magazine tube. That gives you a short Picatinny rail section.

For just a flashlight, a cheap Chinese barrel clamp like this will work:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/273376125061

I used a couple layers of heat shrink tubing to shim my AA battery flashlight.

When do we get pictures?
Howdy, I ordered the Beamshot RF9 and it did not come with a picatinny rail section. Is it a foundation for adding a rail? I would still like to add a light if possible without drilling into anything.

I'm also in the process of changing out my scope for a different make/model (Vortex Crossfire Scout). I have also ordered a FIDDLEBACK OUTPOST no-drill sling to go with it. I hope to learn how to add pictures when I have it all together.
Archer
2000 Shots
2000 Shots

Post by Archer »

RF9/B maybe?

https://www.opticsplanet.com/beamshot-l ... -+Beamshot

or
https://www.opticsplanet.com/beamshot-rf9-mount.html
or

Seems like several of them claim to include a 1913 rail...
HarryAlonzo
500 Shots
500 Shots

Post by HarryAlonzo »

I can’t imagine what you might have gotten without a picture.
UTShooter71

Post by UTShooter71 »

Well..... I put a Vortex Scout scope on it and I don't have enough eye relief. I may have to transition back to a red dot. I'm looking at a QD dot sight by Sightmark. I've had bad luck with Bushnell and if I order anything more from Vortex I either need to be a rep or buy stock. Not that it is a bad thing I just like the Sightmark on my AR-47 with the variation of reticles.

With the Skinner rail and tall front sight, XS rear ghost ring and Fiddleback sling/ammo carrier I am all but done (I still need to find a way to mount a light).
Archer
2000 Shots
2000 Shots

Post by Archer »

I'm not exactly a huge Bushnell fan but I've ended up with a few.

Details on your bad luck would be of interest. What type of optic and what happened in particular.
UTShooter71

Post by UTShooter71 »

This is only directed at a specific product. I purchased one Trophy TRS-25 and put it on an AR-15 (5.56). It lasted about a year before it would randomly shut off. I figured it was a budget dot sight and that I should try something else. I picked up another and put it on a 10/22 (.22LR). It lasted about 8 months and simply quit working.

I think they make fine products, I have a pair of binoculars that are great, but I wouldn't put them on anything that you would depend on in a pinch, hunting or self defense. I have found good luck with Vortex, Holosun and Leuopold. The Vortex tends to be easier on my wallet but the Holosun is close.
Arroyoshark
250 Shots
250 Shots

Post by Arroyoshark »

We all have our own experiences with equipment and optics. I've ordered a few Vortex rifle scopes, Diamondbacks and Viper. I've had to send a few vortex scopes back to factory because rear eyepiece lens comes loose (lens is cemented to tube rather than retained by a thin spanner nut) or reticles rotated inside scope after some use. Vortex warranty service is very good in any case. I've had similar experience with Bushnell and Swift rifle scopes, but the warranty service was nowhere as responsive.
When sitting down to clean a gun, the first step is to load another gun - Elmer Keith
GasGuzzler

Post by GasGuzzler »

The TRS-25 is the most copied optic on the market. Dare I say there are more fakes on eBay than real. There is also a good OEM one and bad. You can tell by the lettering, or you used to be able to.
__________________________________________________________________________________________
I've always been crazy but it's kept me from going insane.
Archer
2000 Shots
2000 Shots

Post by Archer »

I've got a half dozen Bushnell Nitro scopes, more or less traditional w/ mil dot.
So far they've been ok but I haven't rung them out.

I've always sort of avoided the Bushnells that were the Walmart budget type. Put them in the same box as $40-$60 Simmons or Tascos. I've had a couple Tascos crap out over the years. I know all three companies CAN make a decent optic but the budget lines haven't seemed to hold up too well.
UTShooter71

Post by UTShooter71 »

So, I have picked up a Sight Mark Ultra Shot-R. It has a QD mount and not a see-through. This is a trade-off I'm willing to accept. I've one other Sight Mark, on a 7.62x39, that has held up without a hiccup so it should run fine. I'll update afterward.