Rear sights,

The Rossi Model R92, a lightweight carbine for Cowboy Action, hunting, or plinking! Includes Rossi manufactured Interarms, Navy Arms, and Puma trade names.
tj3006

Rear sights,

Post by tj3006 »

Just shot my 92 trapper SS .357,
It is a hoot, But My eyes are 63 years old and that little notch in the rear sigh must go !
Thinking of the Skinner, Any thing else i should know about ! ,,,tj
Gunny268
250 Shots
250 Shots

Re: Rear sights,

Post by Gunny268 »

Welcome to the forum. The Skinner peep rear should help for old eyes (like mine), but not sure if the factory front will work with the skinner. May have to swap that out with the Skinner front as well.
jstanfield103

Post by jstanfield103 »

Skinner is great but I always have to switch out the front sight. But that is also easily done. Just order one from Skinner after testing the peep sight out if needed.
Last edited by jstanfield103 on 25 Sep 2022 09:09, edited 1 time in total.
GasGuzzler

Post by GasGuzzler »

It's the most common question. My suggestion is search the others' posts on what they discovered works best.
__________________________________________________________________________________________
I've always been crazy but it's kept me from going insane.
jstanfield103

Post by jstanfield103 »

Another sight that I have on my 92's since, I don't care for the Skinner sights that are mounted on the barrel. Is the Marbles Bullseye sight. I have three rifles all levers with this sight mounted on them. Really rugged and easily acquired targets. I like this sight as much if not more than the Skinner and or Williams sights that I have.

Here is a Henry .357 with that Bullseye sight on it. I also have one on my Rossi 92 in .357 but do not have pictures as of yet. It will not make your eye focus quite as tight as the smaller peep of the Skinner though. But your eye's automatically center your front sight in the aperture naturally. You don't focus on it.

HiggyBaby

Post by HiggyBaby »

Marbles sight works great.
tj3006

Post by tj3006 »

Thanks for the Welcome's and the advise, I Ordered the Marbles from Midway ! It was Only 20 bucks so worth a try !....tj
robertb

Post by robertb »

Another option I'm looking at is to installed the Skinner rail in place of the rear sight. With this, I'm hoping to have the flexibility of using a red dot or trying a NECG picatinny rear peep sight. NECG rear peeps are expensive at close to $100 but should give me the either/or option.
HarryAlonzo
500 Shots
500 Shots

Post by HarryAlonzo »

I have the NECG Picatinny peep sight on a Winchester Wildcat. Pricey, but no alternatives that I’ve found. All of my peep sights are within 4 - 5 inches of my eye . . . None at normal rear open sight distance. Odds are good that you’ll need a taller front sight.
Archer
2000 Shots
2000 Shots

Post by Archer »

HarryAlonzo wrote:I have the NECG Picatinny peep sight on a Winchester Wildcat. Pricey, but no alternatives that I’ve found. All of my peep sights are within 4 - 5 inches of my eye . . . None at normal rear open sight distance. Odds are good that you’ll need a taller front sight.
I tend to prefer this as well but haven't set too many of my rifles up this way that already had iron sights on them.