Out of spec frame

The Rossi Model R92, a lightweight carbine for Cowboy Action, hunting, or plinking! Includes Rossi manufactured Interarms, Navy Arms, and Puma trade names.
Gunny268
250 Shots
250 Shots

Re: Out of spec frame

Post by Gunny268 »

Yep, a 357. Picked it up from a guy at the range who was frustrated with it. It kept flipping the cartridges 180 degrees on the lifter or completely out of the action. He had it about a year and said he wanted to sell it. I asked, " how much?" He said, $500." He settled for $125 because it was only worth that to me, just as spare parts.
Sarge
250 Shots
250 Shots

Post by Sarge »

Gunny268 wrote:Yep, a 357. Picked it up from a guy at the range who was frustrated with it. It kept flipping the cartridges 180 degrees on the lifter or completely out of the action. He had it about a year and said he wanted to sell it. I asked, " how much?" He said, $500." He settled for $125 because it was only worth that to me, just as spare parts.
I had the same issues with a Taurus built R92 around 2015. I finally smoked the guides cycled rounds to find the problem spots. I ended up shimming one out and reshaping them both before it became reliable with 357s and would work with 38s if you cycled it slowly. An Amish kid now has it, loves it and has killed a couple of deer with it. so, Happy Ending I reckon.
golfish
500 Shots
500 Shots

Post by golfish »

Ranch Dog wrote: I know how you feel. Rossi has always been iffy and the hope is that they come around to a customer service-based business, but I'm convinced that is not ever going to happen.
It really sucks. It would be so easy to just have some schlep just look em over and give his ok.

I took my 24" 357 out a few weeks ago. We were shooting at a 10" steel target at 140 yards. 180gr RNFP Hi-Tek coated bullet with 11.4grs of 2400. We couldn't miss and not a single issue with it. It just ticks me off that we have to go through these issues. I hate to %@*&$ about em. I just have 3 left and I'll probably keep them because they do work well. Knock knock:)
Archer
2000 Shots
2000 Shots

Post by Archer »

Ranch Dog wrote: I know how you feel. Rossi has always been iffy and the hope is that they come around to a customer service-based business, but I'm convinced that is not ever going to happen.
Rossi had the chance to BE a customer service based business OR at least a business with pride in their product and the ability to stand behind it but they chose to remove the one guy in Rossi USA who was at least talking about standing behind the product.

They are in fact where they want to be.
cavelamb

Post by cavelamb »

I had to do a little armor's work on my R92-357.
Yep, that cartridge stop wasn't stopping cartridges.
Yep, a Braztech.
It has been absolutely perfect except for not feeding 38s correctly.

It's an easy fix. Maybe mot for everyone, but easy for me.

Recut the angle on the end of the cartridge stop gate.
It's fine now.
Blue

Post by Blue »

I purchased my .454 Casull 16" Stainless in 2015 and it has been flawless.