Ejector spring

The Rossi Model R92, a lightweight carbine for Cowboy Action, hunting, or plinking! Includes Rossi manufactured Interarms, Navy Arms, and Puma trade names.
Deleted User 4742

Ejector spring

Post by Deleted User 4742 »

I put the C-530 springs in my CBC 92's today and was disappointed, there wasn't enough tension to keep the levers from falling after I re-assembled them. I put the stock springs back in and ordered a pair of ejector springs for the Miroku Winchester 92 from Numerich, I've read of people having good luck with them.

https://www.gunpartscorp.com/gun-manufa ... 1892-japan
Last edited by Deleted User 4742 on 08 Mar 2021 14:51, edited 1 time in total.
Nashville Stage

Re: Ejector spring

Post by Nashville Stage »

Does your lever have the little spring-loaded nub on the backside? It should help hold the lever in the closed position by resting on the inside of the receiver.
Deleted User 4742

Yes it does, but it just wouldn't hold. It was sloppy loose with those springs, I was surprised by that.
fayettefatts

Post by fayettefatts »

Let us know how you like that spring. I installed the c-530 spring also, and think it is a little weak, but much better than the original. I may try to shim it next time the gun is apart.
ethang

Post by ethang »

Not meaning to hijack, but I wonder how many other Miroku parts would fit in the Rossi platform...
Plastic has no soul...
Deleted User 5041

Post by Deleted User 5041 »

I'm in the same boat with the C-530. I was going polish the action before looking for another replacement. Does anyone think an action job might help this lockup situation? I guess it might make it worse.
Deleted User 4742

fayettefatts wrote:Let us know how you like that spring. I installed the c-530 spring also, and think it is a little weak, but much better than the original. I may try to shim it next time the gun is apart.
Will do, as soon as I have one installed.
Nashville Stage

Post by Nashville Stage »

I can't speak to the strength of the C-530 spring (I use the one from Steve's Gunz).

However, I think you'll have better luck fixing the issue by working on the lever detent (see attached picture). The ejector spring isn't really designed to hold the lever closed, and having a stiff ejector spring comes with its own set of issues. For what it's worth, the lever detents on both of my 92s weren't very effective from the factory, so you might have good luck by cleaning up those parts.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
GasGuzzler

Post by GasGuzzler »

Correct answer ^^^
__________________________________________________________________________________________
I've always been crazy but it's kept me from going insane.
Deleted User 4742

Nashville Stage wrote:I can't speak to the strength of the C-530 spring (I use the one from Steve's Gunz).

However, I think you'll have better luck fixing the issue by working on the lever detent (see attached picture). The ejector spring isn't really designed to hold the lever closed, and having a stiff ejector spring comes with its own set of issues. For what it's worth, the lever detents on both of my 92s weren't very effective from the factory, so you might have good luck by cleaning up those parts.
Thanks, And you are right. I just checked both rifles and the plunger isn't doing it's job. Should be an easy enough fix, I appreciate your help!