Rossi 22LR lever action

The Rossi Model R92, a lightweight carbine for Cowboy Action, hunting, or plinking! Includes Rossi manufactured Interarms, Navy Arms, and Puma trade names.
Archer
2000 Shots
2000 Shots

Re: Rossi 22LR lever action

Post by Archer »

The problem with .22 firearms is they get used A LOT.
As a result the durability is or should be king.
When you think about it, if you fire a thousand rounds through most centerfires you are an avid shooter.
If you fire a thousand rounds through a rimfire you have taken it to the range 2 or 4 times.

You are correct that many consumers will buy a firearm based simply on the price they have to pay.
Many of those people will buy a box or two of ammo and the gun will languish in a drawer for years or decades maybe not even consuming the initial ammo purchased with it. That said, the manufacturer can not count on that, especially today and the manufacturer of a .22 Rimfire had better expect his product to go through tens of thousands of rounds.

Lightly built .22s CAN be reliable but they tend over time to show wear and become much less reliable.
My first Iver Johnson M122 was a good gun and it is built solid but it did occasionally jam and I haven't taken it out in over a decade mostly because after running several cases worth of ammo through it the reliability even after cleaning it completely has declined (and I've never seen a spare magazine for it.)
I MIGHT be able to get a little better out of it by putting a new spring kit in it if Wolff has one but I've got several 10/22s, a Henry and a Browning that rarely give any problems whatsoever.