92 Parts Availability BS - I'LL NEVER BUY A ROSSI AGAIN

This forum is for members to relate their experience with the RossiUSA restricted parts policy. Posts must be reasonable and civil. Rants will be moderated. Newly Registered Members with five (5) or fewer posts...
Forum rules
  • This site is not associated with RossiUSA/Braztech nor is RossiUSA/Braztech responsible for this site's content nor do they or any of their representatives participate on this forum!
  • Rants will be moderated.
  • To participate in this forum, you must have more than five (5) posts.
Turkey Huntsman

92 Parts Availability BS - I'LL NEVER BUY A ROSSI AGAIN

Post by Turkey Huntsman »

It's a long story I won't tell here, but I need a new barrel for my .44 mag 16". Placed an order back in early OCTOBER 2016. Rossi said "out of stock, on backorder." Their inventory system is SO CRAPPY that even in this digital age they could not tell me:

1) How many pcs. are currently on backorder
2) How many other people are ahead of me in line for what finally arrives
3) ETA for any 16" barrels to arrive

My gun is laid up for 4 months now, without any indication for when I might actually be able to repair and use it - 1 more month, 2, maybe 6 - or maybe another year?

OH, and by the way...they have 20" barrels in stock but WON'T SELL ME ONE because they don't want the "liability" of changing the guns original configuration from 16" to 20" !!! Can you BELIEVE THIS??? IDIOTS, they are!

This is what you get when you buy something from a third-world country. You save $100 bucks off an AMERICAN-MADE product and then get $400 worth of non-use when repair time comes around.

A word to the wise: BUY AMERICAN. Rossi is actually not a bad gun, but their customer service might as well be non-existent.

Does anybody have a spare blued .44 barrel to sell? It can be any length - does not need to be 16" I just want to get the gun working again.

GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!
JRexA

Re: 92 Parts Availability BS - I'LL NEVER BUY A ROSSI AGAIN

Post by JRexA »

Have you thought about getting a Lothar Walther Barrel in .44 Magnum, and have it made to fit your Rossi?

http://www.lothar-walther.com/384.php
Happy Shooting from Greenland
Jesper Rex
Turkey Huntsman

Yes, Jesper, I have - thank you. But at approximately $250 plus all the machining necessary, I could buy another used Rossi 92 for about $300. The original barrel from Rossi will cost me $125, so it is economically practical. Any more than that just isn't worth it.
akuser47
Founding Member
Founding Member

Post by akuser47 »

I'm sorry about this outcome, and I feel your pain. I'm going to move this to the Rossi restricted parts availability thread better suited there. I agree some fixes are to costly to justify for these guns.
Live Free,Ride Free, Or Die Fighting, For The Right, To do So!
Ranch Dog
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Can't Get Parts or Info - LAST Rossi For Me - NEVER AGA

Post by Ranch Dog »

I can understand your frustration but unfortunately, I don't have the barrel. Rossi CS is the kiss of death for your firearm with the big stuff.
Michael
GasGuzzler

Re: Can't Get Parts or Info - LAST Rossi For Me - NEVER AGA

Post by GasGuzzler »

Ranch Dog wrote:I can understand your frustration but unfortunately, I don't have the barrel. Rossi CS is the kiss of death for your firearm with the big stuff.
.....and I'm not sure you have an original style Rossi like a few of us do. They won't even talk to me on the phone.
__________________________________________________________________________________________
I've always been crazy but it's kept me from going insane.
Ranch Dog
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ranch Dog »

The folks that work there have got to hate their job.
Michael
Turkey Huntsman

Ranch Dog wrote:The folks that work there have got to hate their job.
I vented on the gal today and told her I am not blaming HER. My suggestion is that she communicate our displeasure on to her supervisors, and hopefully it get's up to management. Rossi will lose their US business if they persist in this manner.

I wonder why the general manager of Braztech just doesn't go down to Brazil and work out some better system for parts ordering and inventory control. One can buy a $100 program for a PC that does more than their system does.

Again, THIRD WORLD business practices in plain view. That is why their economies can never seem to prosper. Great for a vacation, but not to manufacture anything.

BUY AMERICAN.
golfish
500 Shots
500 Shots

Post by golfish »

Fellas, didn't we have a phone number to one of the higher ups in CS?
It's seems like his name was Mike. I'm sure that number was posted here more than once.
OP, I'll see if I can locate the number. Hopefully you'll be able to contact somebody directly
Archer
2000 Shots
2000 Shots

Post by Archer »

As I recall the 'fellow' was running the U.S. side of ops and was released from the company?

I had some additional thoughts but the automatic log back in ate them.
Suffice it to say, without letting Rossi off the hook, that I suspect there's other factors besides it simply being a 1st world vs. 3rd world problem. We are creating a 3rd world atmosphere with our regulation from OUR government especially the past 8 to 24 years AND the U.N. is helping us right along there while we are at it especially as it is mostly a bunch of 3rd world types lining their pockets passing regulations for the benefit of 3rd world governments.

Not sure where you can get a equivalent to a 92 for an extra $100, especially domestically produced.
I suspect you'd pay an extra $200-$300 for a Marlin or Henry if you found one. The Winchester last I looked was running 2 or 3 times the list price and was more likely to be priced AT list rather than discounted. Both the Winchester and the Browning are produced in Japan. Browning mostly isn't available in pistol calibers. Mossberg hasn't been easily available last I looked and reviews are so mixed I have been quite leery of messing with them as well although I know one fellow who bought one and is quite happy last I checked. Again that doesn't absolve Rossi of the fact that they aren't supporting their product or that their product needs support. I've however found much the same practices with a lot of imported firearms over the years that were brought into the country under importer imprints. Rossi has a distinction of being a name that's been around a while and is still around producing essentially the same designs. A lot of those other companies either aren't around or they import a design for a single production run and then are importing something else. Either way when a part goes bad you are mostly out in the cold.