How to order parts for Rossi 92 ?

This forum is for members to relate their experience with the RossiUSA restricted parts policy. Posts must be reasonable and civil. Rants will be moderated. Newly Registered Members with five (5) or fewer posts...
Forum rules
  • This site is not associated with RossiUSA/Braztech nor is RossiUSA/Braztech responsible for this site's content nor do they or any of their representatives participate on this forum!
  • Rants will be moderated.
  • To participate in this forum, you must have more than five (5) posts.
kyron4

How to order parts for Rossi 92 ?

Post by kyron4 »

I'd like to order a few spare screws and barrel band, how do I go about ordering these parts from Rossi ? -Thanks
Ranch Dog
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: How to order parts for Rossi 92 ?

Post by Ranch Dog »

In that your rifle is not a Braztech manufactured rifle, as far as I'm aware, there are no parts available.
Michael
kyron4

Post by kyron4 »

Mine is marked Braztech and I just bought it a few months ago. So anyway to order some part from them or anyone ? -Thanks
Ranch Dog
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ranch Dog »

kyron4 wrote:Mine is marked Braztech and I just bought it a few months ago. So anyway to order some part from them or anyone ? -Thanks
My mistake and apologies. The quickest way to proceed is to go chat and ask if the barrel band is available, you will need your serial number. Generally, the various screws are. From there the purchase will have to be over the phone and the que can be long depending on what time of day you call. I try to call at mid morning or mid afternoon and plan on being tied up for 20 to 30 minutes.
Michael
kyron4

Post by kyron4 »

Thanks, will give it a try tomorrow. Do I need part numbers or just the part name ?
Ranch Dog
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ranch Dog »

kyron4 wrote:Thanks, will give it a try tomorrow. Do I need part numbers or just the part name ?
Just the part name, they do not use the parts diagram in the Owners Manual.
Michael
kyron4

Post by kyron4 »

Well I can order the parts , but for a barrel band and 3 small screws it was going to be $39 plus shipping ! The didn't break the price down but I would think the band was way over priced. For just spare to have on hand I think I'll hold off for now.
P89DC

Post by P89DC »

What's going to happen to your barrel band? I assumed you'd want the stuff that can fail such as firing pins and some of the feed mechanism parts.
44mag and 357mag are my choices for rifle/revolver cartridges.
kyron4

Post by kyron4 »

P89DC wrote:What's going to happen to your barrel band? I assumed you'd want the stuff that can fail such as firing pins and some of the feed mechanism parts.
I was going to drill and tap the band for a sling stud, and just wanted a spare in case something went wrong.
P89DC

Post by P89DC »

That makes sense, some of their prices are crazy. I looked at buying a spare octagonal butt stock for the same reason and it's ~$180 (IIRC) and includes all the butt metal work
44mag and 357mag are my choices for rifle/revolver cartridges.