Heads up on Warranty

This forum is for members to relate their experience with the RossiUSA restricted parts policy. Posts must be reasonable and civil. Rants will be moderated. Newly Registered Members with five (5) or fewer posts...
Forum rules
  • This site is not associated with RossiUSA/Braztech nor is RossiUSA/Braztech responsible for this site's content nor do they or any of their representatives participate on this forum!
  • Rants will be moderated.
  • To participate in this forum, you must have more than five (5) posts.
barracudadave67

Heads up on Warranty

Post by barracudadave67 »

Just to let you all know. Rossi voids your warnenty, if you tell them you took your Mod 92 apart.
I just recently bought a 92 in stainless, 44 Mag, with 20 inch bbl., was going thru the action, and I found the
ejector was bent (part # 32, in the IPB) called to order a new one, and was told, that I was not supposed to take the gun that far apart, and that I had voided my warnenty, in doing so. You cannot buy the ejector, they wont sell you one. You have to buy the "whole bolt assy" @ $140.00. What BS. Rossis' are not rocket science.
I have two other Rossi 92s, and Wont be buying anymore Rossis, or Taurus firearms. This is the second time I have hit a stone wall trying to buy simple parts. What BS. I was not trying to warannty the rifle, just buy a part. No more for me. I just hope this thing works with a bent ejector. The Idiot on the phone told me the ejector was supposed to be bent. What BS. Thats the little part the holds the spring, and collar, in the bolt.
Well thats my rant. Im just POed. Can't even buy apart.

barracudadave67
akuser47
Founding Member
Founding Member

Re: Heads up on Warranty

Post by akuser47 »

Sorry to hear this we have found over the time of this forum that different customer support representatives different results. I'd call again and again until they will sell it persistence is key. Or ask to speak to manager and keep going until they support it. I am sorry to hear this. It is not uncommon though. The CS changes like the tide of the ocean.
Live Free,Ride Free, Or Die Fighting, For The Right, To do So!
Ranch Dog
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ranch Dog »

Thanks for the report and I feel your pain. This will always be and will always remain the big stumbling block for the Rossi product line. Not providing small part support is utterly ridiculous. There is no way I would spend another $140 on the rifle.

I've always said that If I have something fail that I don't already have small parts for, I will just strip the rifle down and sell it on eBay. I will cut the receiver in half and throw it in the waste metal bin at the welding shop.
Michael
sistemasks

Post by sistemasks »

stevesgunz has an ejector for 50.00
HarryAlonzo
500 Shots
500 Shots

Post by HarryAlonzo »

Can it be straightened?
barracudadave67

Its some kind of casting, and I'm scared to brake it, if I tried to straighten it. It would probably break..
I just bought this gun last week, and am waiting on a spring kit for it. I noticed it was bent after I took it apart to smooth out. I just don't want it binding up.
Rossi wants me to send the whole gun back to replace it, or buy a whole bolt assy. Its not rocket science.

barracudadave67
Ranch Dog
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ranch Dog »

barracudadave67 wrote:Rossi wants me to send the whole gun back to replace it, or buy a whole bolt assy. Its not rocket science.
I'd call them back and make them pay the shipping and have them replace it.

Can you return it to the seller?
Michael
barracudadave67

I called them back on Friday, to try and order an ejector again, and got the same answers so I asked to speak to a supervisor, and was told they are all gone for the day. I was told by CS that a super would call me on Mon, or Tuesday. May be I can talk the super into selling me an ejector. I'll find out an let you all know.

All this is making me think twice about buying a Circuit Judge. I have 3 Rossi 92s, and 2 Taurus Gauchos, in .357 mag. My 92s are calibre 357mag/38spec, .44 mag, and .45 colt. Oh I also have a PT 1911 in .45 ACP, that I call my pimp gun. Its stainless, and Gold with faux perlized grips. They only made a short run in that combo.

barracudadave67
Archer
2000 Shots
2000 Shots

Post by Archer »

I've seen two of those Taurus Beretta 92 clones in the bright stainless w/ faux pearl or faux abalone grips and gold plated accents probably the same as the PT1911 you are talking about. I usually end up thinking about Boondock Saints II when something like that rolls through the shop.
barracudadave67

Well to continue this saga, Rossi Customer Service, called me this morning, (5-10-16) as they said they would. It was the same rep that I had spoke to, not his supervisor. He told me that the super had autherized him to sell me an ejector. That's Good news. But I can't help but wonder why all the hassle for a small part. at least I can shoot this thing, when I get the part. Maybe thats the thing you have to do when you need Rossi parts, ask for a supervisor.

barracudadave67