Rossi customer service update

This forum is for members to relate their experience with the RossiUSA restricted parts policy. Posts must be reasonable and civil. Rants will be moderated. Newly Registered Members with five (5) or fewer posts...
Forum rules
  • This site is not associated with RossiUSA/Braztech nor is RossiUSA/Braztech responsible for this site's content nor do they or any of their representatives participate on this forum!
  • Rants will be moderated.
  • To participate in this forum, you must have more than five (5) posts.
knifemaker

Rossi customer service update

Post by knifemaker »

On another thread I mentioned that I lost the lever&bolt pin hole plug screw that retains the pin holding together the bolt and lever of my model 92. It is item #54 on the Rossi parts list in the owner's manual.
Due to reading about complaints of not being able to get small parts from Rossi USA, I sent a email to Steve Guntz, I had purchased sights and his video from his web site for my Rossi. I inquired if he had a plug hole screw I could purchase. I never received a reply to my email.
Today I called Rossi USA on their toll free number and made contact with a young lady in customer service.
I explained my problem and she was very helpful and eager to help. I was able to order the part and have it shipped to my residence. The cost of the plug screw was $1.45, and the shipping cost was $9.00 due to them using UPS and FedX for shipping. I was able to charge it to my debit card and she told me I should have it in 6-7 days.
While on the phone I told her about the complaints I have been hearing on customers not being able to get small parts sent to them to avoid having to send the firearm in for the repair. She advised me that she would herself pass this infromation to management for their information at improving customer relations. +1
Last edited by Ranch Dog on 28 Apr 2014 15:14, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Moved to the " Rossi Restricted Parts Policy Issues" forum
Ranch Dog
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Rossi customer service update

Post by Ranch Dog »

knifemaker wrote:Today I called Rossi USA on their toll free number and made contact with a young lady in customer service.
I'm glad you could buy the part. Hope you bought more than one!
Michael
Mike.44

Post by Mike.44 »

Wow, that is great to hear. I hope they work it out on parts. That seems to be the only Achilles heel with a Rossi.
knifemaker

Post by knifemaker »

Ranch dog it wasn't until I hung up the phone that I thought about buying more then one. Getting old and short memory. I plan to Loctite this one in to prevent it from vibrating out. I will use the Loctite that allow me to unscrew it if I need too in the future. +zzz
akuser47
Founding Member
Founding Member

Post by akuser47 »

Great to hear it kinda seems like it depends on the rep. You get on the phone. Thanks for sharing
Live Free,Ride Free, Or Die Fighting, For The Right, To do So!
Gaterskiner

Post by Gaterskiner »

You are doing better than I am. Talked to 3 Rossi reps in the last 3 days. Out of warranty to bad. Only if I send the rifle to them.
lago

Post by lago »

You should be so lucky. I wasn't.

I shipped my M92 stainless steel to them last year since it would not chamber 357 ammo. It came back missing the same screw and had scratches on the side of the receiver. It still would not chamber 357 ammo. I called them for a screw and I had to ship it back to for them to replace the screw and also correct the problem with chambering ammo. It came back with the screw and the scratches on the receiver were polished out.

Guess what? It chambered 357 ammo but it left a bulge on the case just above the rim. Fired a few more making note of the cartridge position in the chamber and in all cases, it was at the 6 o'clock position. My guess is that they took a Dremel tool to get it to chamber. They have had it for over a month now and will be replacing the barrel. Sure hope the third time will work.

Lago
NavyDoc76-80
500 Shots
500 Shots

Post by NavyDoc76-80 »

lago wrote:You should be so lucky. I wasn't.

Guess what? It chambered 357 ammo but it left a bulge on the case just above the rim. Fired a few more making note of the cartridge position in the chamber and in all cases, it was at the 6 o'clock position. My guess is that they took a Dremel tool to get it to chamber. They have had it for over a month now and will be replacing the barrel. Sure hope the third time will work.

Lago
I'm curious lago, how did this work out for you?
Dave M
--//--
Let us tenderly and kindly cherish, therefore, the means of knowledge. Let us dare to read, think, speak and write.
John Adams

20" SS .357
16" SS .44
20" SS .45C
Ranch Dog
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ranch Dog »

knifemaker wrote:On another thread I mentioned that I lost the lever&bolt pin hole plug screw that retains the pin holding together the bolt and lever of my model 92.
I just purchased this particular screw from Rossi. They come in a 3 screw pack. In that I have the number of rifles that I do, I purchased two packs. With a flat shipping charge ($8) and Texas sales tax, the six screws were $18.77 or $3.12/screw. That seems high but I was happy to get the parts. I also see it as my fault as I should have been prepared to order just about every screw on the rifle. In that I have five R92s, I could have significantly reduced the impact of the shipping and next time have the part available when it goes missing. I'm going to work on that next order.
Michael
mr surveyor
1000 Shots
1000 Shots

Post by mr surveyor »

I wonder it they would ever consider offering a complete "small parts package" including springs, pins, ejector, extractor... ?
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Guns - They aren't really yours until you void the warranty!