Rossi Parts Update!

This forum is for members to relate their experience with the RossiUSA restricted parts policy. Posts must be reasonable and civil. Rants will be moderated. Newly Registered Members with five (5) or fewer posts...
Forum rules
  • This site is not associated with RossiUSA/Braztech nor is RossiUSA/Braztech responsible for this site's content nor do they or any of their representatives participate on this forum!
  • Rants will be moderated.
  • To participate in this forum, you must have more than five (5) posts.
Ranch Dog
Site Admin
Site Admin

Rossi Parts Update!

Post by Ranch Dog »

Last week Mr. Mark Kresser, CEO of RossiUSA, contacted me via email wanting to arrange a time that we could talk concerning the problems we have been experiencing with spare part availability and what Rossi has been doing to end this frustration.

Yesterday, I received the call from Mr. Kresser. He is a very personable fellow and we quickly moved right to the matter at hand; parts and what needs to take place so that the right parts end up in the right hands whether that be a repairman in Florida or you. This initiative started last October with the Taurus handguns that are being manufactured in the US and has been proceeding on schedule which should reach completion this month. These are the models 732, 738, and 22/25PLY. The first two models are complete and the latter is soon to follow, the list of parts can be viewed via the links.

Owning these models, I can personally tell you what a huge change this is. Four months ago you could not have purchased a single part. Now, only serialized parts or those that are part of the safety assembly are restricted. The drawings and the list quickly identify which parts can and cannot be purchased and further; groups of parts have been "banded" together in "Kits" to ensure the individual orders everything he needs when working on a particular assembly. This is a positive change and is an example where our Rossi's are headed. A part from the new restricted list will require that the firearm be returned to Taurus (or Rossi).

This has also been a big initiative for Taurus as everything relating to a model and the changes that are made to a model over time, have needed to be detailed. A group of employees have been charged with making these changes and it will progress from the viewable parts lists to you being able to order those parts online.

As the work progresses to the firearms built in Brazil, which includes our Rossi's, the work gets harder as these models have been around longer and have had small changes to the parts which have not been well documented. Although we see our R92 as not having changed, it has. This is nothing different than what Remington experienced with Marlin but here everything is being expressed in metric dimensions and Portuguese is the native language. There are also cultural differences in making the parts available but Mr. Kresser assured me that he is committed to seeing this through and is aware that these changes are needed to remain a competitive force. Mr. Kresser made this statement; "not only do we need to offer parts but those parts need to be the perfect part." In other words, you must be assured that you get the correct part by model and serial number the first time so that you have not wasted your money and time. He expects this initiative to be completed in a year's time and you can expect to see online parts being available within 6 months of its completion.

Mr. Kresser is also familiar with this forum and recognizes the impact user groups can have on a business. As our call came to an end he said that he would have an individual that is involved with both Customer Service and the spare parts initiative establish contact with me which he did. In addition, he invited me to the Taurus facility where these activities are based so that I could see the efforts first hand.

When the CEO of an international corporation reaches out to a small user group, I think that he and his company are serious about seeing this initiative succeed. We can be an important part in this opportunity through our ideas and constructive input here on this forum. I want Rossi to succeed as the products are worth this effort and I, like you, are heavily vested in them through purchase.
Michael
pricedo
2000 Shots
2000 Shots

Re: Rossi Parts Update!

Post by pricedo »

Ranch Dog wrote: When the CEO of an international corporation reaches out to a small user group, I think that he and his company are serious about seeing this initiative succeed.
I'm experiencing a little déjà vu in regards to Mr. Kressner and reaching out. It's not what he says that counts in the final analysis but rather what he does.
As the old saying goes, "Let's wait and see" +corn
LIFE MEMBER - NRA & GOA
Tuco Ramirez
500 Shots
500 Shots

Post by Tuco Ramirez »

This is exactly what we needed to see. To say you are working on something is only the first step. Having something to show even if only small is a step in the right direction. I understand that some parts may need to be restricted for several reasons. Springs and screws are a whole other matter. In general the average person will need some small parts in and there. Heck I dropped the bolt that holds the hammer in and it took my an hour to find it. It flew across my man cave and rested under a piece of furniture that I had to move to get to it. Stuff like this happens everyday to someone......

Well I can't think of anyone I would rather have representing us than you Mike!!! I know you will be professional and convey our frustration with regard to being able to gets simple parts.

Thank you for posting this!! I was beginning to lose hope that the issue would ever be taken care of. A simple thing like hope can carry a person down the road a long way if they feel there is someone who cares waiting for them at the end of the trail.
When you have to Shoot; shoot, don't talk.......
"I prefer dangerous freedom over peaceful slavery." Thomas Jefferson

picketpin

Post by picketpin »

Thanks Michael for pursuing this, It is important to many of us to be able to have spare parts and to also be able to repair out weapons without a long down time and expensive shipping back to the factory. I just spent about an hour on the phone with Rossi/Taurus, their parts department is not especially efficient, I attempted to order some ejectors and collars but as we all know they are restricted.... I did get all my screws, oh except for the trigger spring screw which is also restricted....

James
pricedo
2000 Shots
2000 Shots

Post by pricedo »

I personally think that any parts should be available for a fair price.
The idea that you can prevent irresponsible or illegal behavior by keeping objects from people is like the whole bogus concept of gun control illogical and defective.
Having said that I can live with some parts being restricted but restricting the purchase of small nuts, bolts and screws is ridiculous.
A post on another thread where the owner of a new Rossi firearm had to pay $40 in shipping costs to replace an easily installed small part is a case in point illustration of the whole ludicrous restricted parts policy.
As for Mr. Kressners outpouring of concern.........we've heard his talk now it's time to see his walk. +corn
LIFE MEMBER - NRA & GOA
akuser47
Founding Member
Founding Member

Post by akuser47 »

If all works out our rossi's could turn into working heirlooms to pass on and on. +guns keep us posted +corn
Live Free,Ride Free, Or Die Fighting, For The Right, To do So!
4kdave

Post by 4kdave »

Thanks Michael for your work and it is appreciated by some of us!!!!!
pricedo
2000 Shots
2000 Shots

Post by pricedo »

4kdave wrote:Thanks Michael for your work and it is appreciated by some of us!!!!!
+1

Thanks RD for trying your darndest to remedy the restricted parts situation.
The ball is in Mr. Kressners court now.
I hope he takes it and runs with it Image .

This site is a great free marketing "sounding board" resource for Taurus/BrazTech/Rossi in regard to ways to better their products and customer service. :mrgreen:
LIFE MEMBER - NRA & GOA
Steelbanger
Founding Member
Founding Member

Post by Steelbanger »

RD, Your squeaky wheel must have gotten the attention it needed. Congratulations on the most positive conversation you've had with Mr. Kresser. We'll all be sure to monitor the situation.

Although I have but one Rossi I thank you. The situation of sending back a rifle for a single small part did not make any sense, especially to Marlin owners who could order parts from many sources.

Frank
Steelbanger, NRA Life
Annual Member PRPA
Marlin - a hard habit to break.
Ranch Dog
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ranch Dog »

Thank you for your comments and support fellows. Until spare parts become a reality, we must simply continue to do what we have become very good at doing through this forum; that is helping each other sort out any issue that arises so that it can be corrected in the most logical fashion possible, all the while encouraging them on.

That is really how I see the support that I offer Rossi, Taurus, and Mr. Kresser specifically. I offer the same good will and encouragement that I would extend to any member on this forum as they try to work through a problem. The effort is very simple but it is something we have gotten very good at it.
Michael