Question on Model 59 22 Magnum

Any Rossi not classified in the forums above.
john14_18

Question on Model 59 22 Magnum

Post by john14_18 »

I am new to the forum and first of all, I wold like to thank the Admin for approving me. I mainly hang out on the S&W Forum. I recently bought a Rossi 22 magnum pump gallery gun, which I believe is a model 59, that is at least 98%. I put about 8 rds through it and it functioned flawlessly. I brought it back home,cleaned it and did not reload it.I have since discovered that if the chamber is empty, the slide would not go back even with trigger pulled back. I took it out in back yard,pulled the trigger and dried fired it and after that, the slide worked fine. My question is this a flaw in the gun or does it have to be fired before slide will work? It has Amadeus Rossi stamped on top of barrel, with IND.BRAS over a circle with ROSSI in circle and MARC.REG under the circle. The serial # is H0028XX.
Thank you in advance for any assistance you may offer and have a Blessed Day!
Ohio3Wheels
1000 Shots
1000 Shots

Re: Question on Model 59 22 Magnum

Post by Ohio3Wheels »

My new Gallery has a release in front of the trigger guard and that is the only way to cycle it if it's left fired and not cycled. It wouldn't surprise me to find that yours is correct the way you discovered. I've never seen a 59 sounds like a neat gun. Maybe someone on here has one and will chime in.

Make smoke,
Curt... makin' smoke and raising my carbon foot print one cartridge at a time Image
GasGuzzler

Post by GasGuzzler »

Hopefully it's stamped "Amedeo Rossi". If it's stamped "Amadeus", you got hosed.
__________________________________________________________________________________________
I've always been crazy but it's kept me from going insane.
john14_18

Post by john14_18 »

Thanks GasGuzzler! It's Amadeo. It helps when you wear your glasses :)
I have attached a pic of it. I think it was made in the 80's but not sure.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.