Rossi 62 trigger/hammer removal

Any Rossi not classified in the forums above.
dalek

Rossi 62 trigger/hammer removal

Post by dalek »

Does the hammer comes out after unloading spring and then removing the bushing that goes around the takedown screw? Also, which pin do I need to remove to make trigger come out?
rondog
250 Shots
250 Shots

Re: Rossi 62 trigger/hammer removal

Post by rondog »

Search on YouTube for videos, there's some good ones.

dalek

Post by dalek »

Thanks for the link, but it is for the M92 and not for the m62 (pump action thingie). I have been looking online for info on the M62 and so far not much luck.
rondog
250 Shots
250 Shots

Post by rondog »

Sorry, I missed the "62" part, so used to seeing and thinking "92".
dalek

Post by dalek »

No worries. I have both and it gets confusing for me too. :oops:

In any case, I was able to tear it apart. First I found out removing the hammer spring assembly (step 1) is a pain as I could not find a way to line up the little hole in the rod (like in the M92) no matter how I fiddled with the hammer.
Rossi_62_01-sm.jpg
Now the tension is off, the other parts come off easily. To remove the hammer, just use a punch that will fit the narrow end of the "cup" that goes around the takedown screw. A few light taps will make it move.
Rossi_62_05-sm.jpg
And the trigger pin comes off easily. Previous owner round one of its ends. I do not think it is really needed here but it does help start it in; I have done that in the pin that hold the bolt to the lever assembly in my M92.

Reassembly notes
I ended up removing the little horizontal pin (bag) that holds the s-shaped hammer spring bracket, which was a bit fun. Putting it back is very M92-ish, but it pays to round off the end of the pin so it will start properly. I had to use pliers (I hope I did not damage the finish too much because I did not think on covering them with duct tape until after) to bring the hammer spring bracket down and even then it felt it was too high. Of course, the hammer end of the hammer spring rod also had to nest between the trigger housing and the hammer as I fought with the bracket, requiring me to lift it and walk it to its proper hole.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.