SA-35 (Springfield High Power)

A bucket for anything that does not fit the above forum categories, both longgun and handgun.
GasGuzzler

Re: SA-35 (Springfield High Power)

Post by GasGuzzler »

MSRP is irrelevant as it's worth $400 to me and $1000 to others...and there is no supply (yet).
__________________________________________________________________________________________
I've always been crazy but it's kept me from going insane.
Reese-Mo
250 Shots
250 Shots

Post by Reese-Mo »

Archer wrote:
Reese-Mo wrote:MSRP $699, and I'd expect normal to be about $100 to $125 less. But not in today's market.
I'm pretty sure MSRP was $799
Sez $699 on Sprinfield's web site. Go to the SA-35 page, let all that crap load, then scroll to the bottom.

GasGuzzler, you're right, because the market always determines the price of everything, eventually. However, in many instances, the MSRP for non-MAP items will indicate what an eventual actual selling price may be.

And not to change the subject, let me interject my axe to grind with MAP pricing. It has killed our free market.
Archer
2000 Shots
2000 Shots

Post by Archer »

You're correct $700 MSRP.
Just started a new contract and I'm running a little lighter on sleep than normal.

MAP hasn't killed our free market so much as the big box chain store and their ability to vertically integrate.

Those big box stores are often their own distributors and/or they get preferential treatment by the distributors.
In addition look at how the government has favored the big box stores and massive etailers over the small storefronts during the pandemic. Walmart wasn't doing so hot getting their lunch eaten by Amazon direct Asian marketing until the pandemic when they got a shot in the arm along with Home depo, Lowes, and other large square footage retailers especially in the commie blue states.

In some cases the big box shops and etailers have been on the bad side of MAP just like anyone else. Optics Planet as I recall got their toes stepped on by Leupold. I'm always amazed whenever I see Dillon being sold in retail as their arrangements for that used to stink on ice.
Mad Trapper
500 Shots
500 Shots

Post by Mad Trapper »

For now I will have to settle with my $199.00 zastava m-70 9mm.

https://www.americanrifleman.org/conten ... mm-pistol/

Only problem I have is it pulls my pants down due to the weight, have to wear suspenders.
Gunny268
250 Shots
250 Shots

Post by Gunny268 »

Picked up a HiPower/9mm at the PX in '80 for $285.00 (no tax either). Scratches my HiPower itch just fine. No mods needed. Had an armorer cut some mag catch notches in my issue Barretta mags and they worked like a champ too. Still use 'em.
Reese-Mo
250 Shots
250 Shots

Post by Reese-Mo »

Well.... at 12:20ish AM this morning, Bud's had an SA-35 on their website for $749, plus 3 percent for credit cards. It was gone by 12:25ish AM when I refreshed the page.