It's a lever gun Jim.. but not as we know it..!!

A bucket for anything that does not fit the above forum categories, both longgun and handgun.
ManxTom

It's a lever gun Jim.. but not as we know it..!!

Post by ManxTom »

Here's something you don't see every day. Check out the lever gun style cocking. Uses Glock (17) mags too..

And this...

Cool eh..!! +guns
Happiness is like peeing your pants. Everyone can see it but only you can feel the warmth.. :D
Archer
2000 Shots
2000 Shots

Re: It's a lever gun Jim.. but not as we know it..!!

Post by Archer »

1850 UK pounds? = $2492+

2500 UK pounds? = $3368

Ruger PC carbine ~$750 to $950 (and it takes Glock mags)

CMMG 9mm Banshee w/ stock ~$1300 (SBR so it needs a tax stamp)
CMMG 9mm Resolute $1350-$1850
(And you can get the CMMG guns in 10mm, 40 S&W or .45 ACP also)

For a short while after the assault weapon ban in the U.S. and particularly the Kalifornia assault weapon ban there were several odd ball AR configurations out including a pump action, one that had an internal 5 round mag that could not accept detachable magazines and some other weird options. I HATE slapping a fin on the guns but so far it is a better option than all the other options in this stupid state.
Daryll

Post by Daryll »

Yes, but don't forget here in "banned-it" country, we can't have semi-autos in CF calibres...
Several manufacturing Co's made lever release (thumb the "safety" to let the parts forward and chamber a round) and "MARS" action rifles to get around the Uk laws... but they banned those too in the latest round of laws, as they said they could have a too rapid rate of fire..!!

The only types of rifles we can have are bolt actions or lever actions... and most UK shooters reckon that lever actions will be the next thing to go..
Archer
2000 Shots
2000 Shots

Post by Archer »

Believe me I understand. Kalifornia is adding stupidity as quickly as possible.

A lever action in a pistol caliber is a fast action gun.

Lever actions were the assault weapon of the late 1800s. I have a friend who refers to his as a cowboy assault weapon.
ManxTom

Post by ManxTom »

Daryll wrote:
...and most UK shooters reckon that lever actions will be the next thing to go..
Not sure about that mate. Not with all the Cowboys in Government..!! :lol: +guns :lol:

Personally, I think the 'powers that be' will be occupied for a long time trying to clean up the mess regarding knife crime. And I think I can safely say that should such legislation come into play it certainly wont happen in the Isle of Man. We have very well provisioned club competitions for lever guns. Maybe, once our new club buildings are up and running, we can invite UK clubs over to shoot.. +guns
Happiness is like peeing your pants. Everyone can see it but only you can feel the warmth.. :D
GasGuzzler

Post by GasGuzzler »

I refuse to recognize the anti-gun terms "assault weapon" or "assault rifle" as no one knows what that is and anyone that uses either term without jest is anti-gun at heart.

That being said I like plastic and I like traditional. That does not mean I like them mating. The tactical style lever rifles being offered by Rossi, Mossberg, and discontinued Marlins are laughable to me. Both of my Marlins are from 1951 and my R92 obviously has no plastic parts.

I do have a Kel-Tec Sub2K in 9mm that takes 32 round Glock magazines and folds in two. I had a Picatinny magazine carrier 3D printed so it always has 64 rounds on board. This is much more reasonable than some hacked up lever action.
__________________________________________________________________________________________
I've always been crazy but it's kept me from going insane.
Daryll

Post by Daryll »

ManxTom wrote:
Daryll wrote:
...and most UK shooters reckon that lever actions will be the next thing to go..
Not sure about that mate. Not with all the Cowboys in Government..!! :lol: +guns :lol:

Personally, I think the 'powers that be' will be occupied for a long time trying to clean up the mess regarding knife crime. And I think I can safely say that should such legislation come into play it certainly wont happen in the Isle of Man. We have very well provisioned club competitions for lever guns. Maybe, once our new club buildings are up and running, we can invite UK clubs over to shoot.. +guns
The problem is that legal gun owners are the easy target... they know who we are and what we have.

If they wanted to tackle knife crime they'll have to put a load more police on the streets, and then face the outraged liberals who don't like the "racial profiling" that is needed to get the knives off the streets.
Archer
2000 Shots
2000 Shots

Post by Archer »

I've been seeing articles concerning the EU attempting to control knives for the past 10 or 15 years.
I honestly thought the first one or two I ran into were jokes.
Thinking about how much difficulty prisons have controlling shanks and the like anybody who thinks they are going to control the presence of knives among a half free population 'in the wild' is a complete idiot.