Uberti Single Actions

A bucket for anything that does not fit the above forum categories, both longgun and handgun.
BryanAustin

Re: Uberti Single Actions

Post by BryanAustin »

Reese-Mo wrote: No parts ever available - "we're the importer, please contact the manufacturer" is what I was once told back in my gun range days.
Yeah, I have yet to ever deal with the importers. When I do need or want something, I just go right to VTI Replica Gun Parts.

If I did ever want to be able to deal directly with an importer, I buy from Taylors.
Last edited by BryanAustin on 11 Sep 2021 13:36, edited 1 time in total.
Reese-Mo
250 Shots
250 Shots

Post by Reese-Mo »

Taylors rocks. I cant speak enuf good bout them there folks
Archer
2000 Shots
2000 Shots

Post by Archer »

Stoger imported a number of beautiful and interesting guns that were mostly totally unavailable otherwise.

Quantities and distribution however was ALWAYS spotty.
Reliability for their semi autos also often required tuning and if you were lucky didn't need a rather heavy reworked.

The parts availability was generally a function of the individual gun AND you had to get them while the guns were still coming in. IF you ever attempted to get parts once Stoger's contract with the manufacture was complete then you were likely SOL. Spare Mags = Good Luck!

I think those .22 LR Lugers may have been available through the mid 80s as I recall still seeing gunrag articles about them as if they were a new thing around that time.

I have passed on more than one 'Stoger' over the years because of the parts and reliability issues. That's guns that LOOKED perfect on the rack. I just couldn't trust that they'd work without major effort or that if there was a parts problem that a replacement could be had without either having it fabricated myself or finding a donor gun.
GasGuzzler

Post by GasGuzzler »

For what it's worth my Uberti Cimarron is a four-click from the factory and has no fit issues. It's "safety" is a cylinder pin that can be moved to block the hammer. Doubt if it works all that well but that's no matter. What's important is it has no transfer bar and the firing pin is on the hammer.
__________________________________________________________________________________________
I've always been crazy but it's kept me from going insane.
Reese-Mo
250 Shots
250 Shots

Post by Reese-Mo »

Mebby its just me, but about 5 decades ago, I got in the habit of loading five at the range. Those were the "new" model Rugers when they were actually new. Reason is, it sorta seemed weird to have two shots left in a box, or to get ten strings of five instead of 8 strings of six and two orphans. So, single action safeties just dont mean too much to me, as long as they-aint-there!
GasGuzzler

Post by GasGuzzler »

Me too only I load six anyway...but that always seems to start an argument on other forums so I usually don't comment any more. No fights on this forum.
__________________________________________________________________________________________
I've always been crazy but it's kept me from going insane.
Reese-Mo
250 Shots
250 Shots

Post by Reese-Mo »

Ive hunted with six in a Ruger, an exception I guess.
Archer
2000 Shots
2000 Shots

Post by Archer »

I have a friend who has stated in the past that magazines should go into boxes a integer number of times.

Of course since there are boxes of 20 or 25 or 50 or 100 or sometimes 200 or 250 not to mention cases of 200, 500, 1000 or 5000 and the number of rounds in a semi is a function of the size of the round and generally the size of the grip that fits in your hand pretty well that doesn't really make that much sense either.

When I get out of CA I need to see if he wants to sway some of his 15 or 17 or whatever mags for some of my 10 round Kommiforian Clinton mags.

I took several coworkers to the range and one young lady would load about 3 rounds at a time in the magazine. When I asked her why she said her father didn't want to waste ammo. She was quite proficient and got nice little groups that were pretty centered on target. I joked that once we taught her how to fill the magazines she'd be set.
Reese-Mo
250 Shots
250 Shots

Post by Reese-Mo »

Archer wrote:I have a friend who has stated in the past that magazines should go into boxes a integer number of times.
I know the feelin
Reese-Mo
250 Shots
250 Shots

Post by Reese-Mo »

@Bryan,

I was meaning to comment... I see the two examples you show pictures of are "pre '96" style frames. My 3-1/2" birdshead 45 is the same.