Winchester .350 Legend

A bucket for anything that does not fit the above forum categories, both longgun and handgun.
Arroyoshark
250 Shots
250 Shots

Winchester .350 Legend

Post by Arroyoshark »

Has anybody here either been actively fooling around with firearms chambered in the recently introduced .350 Legend, or plan to ?

Guess it is a commercial adaptation of the wildcat .357 AR, itself a rimless version of the old silhouette round, .357 Maximum. It's my understanding this .350 Legend chambering is marketed for those states that now allow some straight walled rifle rounds for deer hunting.

Nonetheless, my own experience with 35 caliber rifle rounds like 35 Remington and .358 Win. is that they tend to hit with a wallop, especially with 170 grain bullets and up. Unlike things like 300 Blackout, commercial ammunition appears reasonably priced for hunting. I've seen some advertisements for "Remage" barrels in .350 Legend, as well as barrels and magazines for the AR platform.

The round has aroused my curiosity.
When sitting down to clean a gun, the first step is to load another gun - Elmer Keith
Ohio3Wheels
1000 Shots
1000 Shots

Re: Winchester .350 Legend

Post by Ohio3Wheels »

Here in Ohio we're limited to straight wall cases if we want to rifle or piston hunt. Not that I needed another cartridge but you know how it is. I had 2 potential uppers in mind for my MSR the 350 Legend and the 450 Bushmaster. I found a Bushmaster upper at and affordable price at the last gun show I was able to attend. The Legend uppers I found were a hundred and a hundred and fifty higher. Working on loads for the Bushmaster but ranges are all pretty much closed and the open ones are a ways away and we've got travel restriction right now. The 350 seems to get decent reviews. I'd have gone with it if I could have found an affordable upper.

Stay well, Be safe, Make smoke,
Curt... makin' smoke and raising my carbon foot print one cartridge at a time Image
Archer
2000 Shots
2000 Shots

Re: Winchester .350 Legend

Post by Archer »

I looked into it but have at least for now decided to pass.
Most of that is because I don't need yet another caliber.

There are several Youtube videos on the caliber including one on the cartridge by GunBlue490 and a couple shooting video from Buffalo's Outdoors regarding the Bear Creek Arsenal's upper. Blue's vid is quite informative as to the ballistics although he is a bit annoyed at the advertising hype from Winchester.

There's dozens more both on build your own setups and various brands of built uppers.
One of my friends has a friend who bought one of the uppers in .350 Legend and his granddaughter and he have each taken a 8 point buck with it in Michigan if I recall correctly.

I think the caliber has promise but in all honesty not particularly for where I am currently residing.
If I were hunting in woodland area or where only straight walled cartridges were allowed I might consider it.
I do have levers in .444 Marlin and .45-70 plus two MSR 12.7x42 (50 Beowulf) uppers.