Ruger Vaquero pricing?

A bucket for anything that does not fit the above forum categories, both longgun and handgun.
Archer
2000 Shots
2000 Shots

Ruger Vaquero pricing?

Post by Archer »

So what's an expected price ball park on a .357 Blued new production Ruger Vaquero?

Same thing for a used one in nice shape, say mechanically sound but maybe showing a bit of finish wear?

I'm checking some other sources but I haven't kept up on what to expect on the current production Ruger SA's.
GasGuzzler

Re: Ruger Vaquero pricing?

Post by GasGuzzler »

The answer is more than they're worth to me. The older large frame version tends to run $600-650 around here and the more common, smaller, lighter, "weaker" newer version that also does not have finish issues with fake CCH are about $100 less. I couldn't find a local sale for one like I wanted (blued, original large frame, fake CCH, 5.5") for less than $600 so I bought a much nicer gun...a Evil Roy that has no silly transfer bar and has a real trigger.

Oh wait...you said .357. Deduct another $50. I was looking for a .45.

.357's are a bit cheaper but you still end up with a lot of Ruger BS the Colts, Colt copies, and Old Model Rugers aren't hampered with.
__________________________________________________________________________________________
I've always been crazy but it's kept me from going insane.
Arroyoshark
250 Shots
250 Shots

Post by Arroyoshark »

When sitting down to clean a gun, the first step is to load another gun - Elmer Keith
Archer
2000 Shots
2000 Shots

Post by Archer »

Yeah, about what my other sources confirmed. Used ones aren't common around here and tend to ask more than I feel they are worth.

Local shop had new ones on sale yesterday at $600 for 5.5" blued .357. Seems to have been a good deal but I couldn't justify it right now.