Any Webley fans?

A bucket for anything that does not fit the above forum categories, both longgun and handgun.
larryp

Any Webley fans?

Post by larryp »

Just wondering if anyone else here has any Webleys? There's just something about these old Brit guns I love.
MK II circa 1895
Webley MK IV in .38
akuser47
Founding Member
Founding Member

Re: Any Webley fans?

Post by akuser47 »

Nice how she shoot?
Live Free,Ride Free, Or Die Fighting, For The Right, To do So!
larryp

Post by larryp »

They both shoot real well. Mild recoil and very accurate. Both have very little wear and none of the "wobbley" that Webley's can be known for.
Barry in IN
Founding Member
Founding Member

Post by Barry in IN »

Nice looking Webleys!

I have a MkIV; a Singapore police-marked "War Finish" gun. I'd rather have had a .455, but they were running a lot more money (when the cylinders weren't shaved down). I also wanted to use reasonably historically correct bullets, and since I had not started casting then, bullets for the .38 were easier to find. I already had .38 S&W brass too.

I'm happy with how it shoots. I wanted to use the big ol' Lyman 358430 195 grain RN, but they only shot fair to decent. Mine likes a 180 WFN (actual weight of 185) and that's OK with me. The best load- that 185 WFN at 750-770 fps- may not be a cannon, but is probably about as good as it gets in that caliber.

I have been talking about using mine in an IDPA match for a few years now. Just for fun. When they dropped the revolver power factor to 115, I was tempted even more. I'd have to get match director approval because the 5" barrel is too long for the rules, but most around here would let me do it once just to watch.
Someone with a little practice could do well with one. The DA trigger isn't bad at all. A fast reload would be easy for someone (not me). K-frame speedloaders work with it- I checked that right away.