'New Retro' Mossbergs lookin good!

A bucket for anything that does not fit the above forum categories, both longgun and handgun.
GRV01
250 Shots
250 Shots

'New Retro' Mossbergs lookin good!

Post by GRV01 »

https://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/201 ... un-series/

Mossberg is releasing two 'retrograde' versions of their famous 500 and 590 models that feature glossy blue finishes and wood furniture in addition to all the modern bels and whistles of the standard models

Im not a shotgun guy and have already made up my mind never to own one but man, that 590 looks AMAZING. I love that look of the wood with the heat shield. Its the perfect combination of 'cool meets classy' Thoughts?

As an aside, a big part of the reason i dont want to get a shotgun is all the additional setup required to reload for one and since id mostly be shooting buckshot it enters a territory of 'why bother' considering the low cost of factory ammo, like reloading 9mm or 5.56. Ohwell.
No thin chicks
Currently reloading: 38 SPL, 357 MAG
Rossi's Owned: M92 .357 20"(Owned by Wifey: M92 .357 16")
TinMan
250 Shots
250 Shots

Re: 'New Retro' Mossbergs lookin good!

Post by TinMan »

Gotta agree that those are some nice looking pieces.......specially the trench-gun style. +1
But, I can buy a whole lotta Remington 870 for $900.........just sayin. :geek:
"The further a society drifts from truth, the more it will hate those who speak it."
George Orwell

"Fight only when you must. But if it's unavoidable.....fight like your the third monkey trying to get on the Ark."
Mad Trapper
500 Shots
500 Shots

Post by Mad Trapper »

I like those shotguns,
The one with the heat shield reminds me of what we had in the unit armory back in the early 80s when i was a paratrooper, forget what model it was, but it had the heat shield and the bayonet attachment for a long and wicked bayonet.

I have been eyeballing the night stick, may just buy one after Christmas.
https://www.budsgunshop.com/catalog/pro ... Pump+5%2B1

Talk about a brush gun, +guns
GasGuzzler

Post by GasGuzzler »

Umm...has anyone seen a new wood stock 870 lately? They make an '90's Mossberg look like my '70's 870.

A Rossi has nicer wood with a nicer looking finish.
__________________________________________________________________________________________
I've always been crazy but it's kept me from going insane.
Arroyoshark
250 Shots
250 Shots

Post by Arroyoshark »

Hah... had missed this thread. This is like automobile styles. What was once wood became plastic, to meet buyers' need for something different. Now we appreciate wood again after years of featureless black plastic. They look nice. Trendy prices.

A friend of mine recently achieved this through the back door so to speak. He had an older Mossy 500 12 ga. with 28-inch field barrel for many years. He found a new 20" barrel & full length mag tube, spring and follower on flea-bay for less than $200 and converted his old mossy to tac-ti-cool with nice wood stock and forearm. Prefers it to the venerable 590A1.

Applying a little heat to mag tube at receiver loosens the cement holding tube in place, then with a strap wrench the tube unthreads with relative ease.
When sitting down to clean a gun, the first step is to load another gun - Elmer Keith