Spree...

A bucket for anything that does not fit the above forum categories, both longgun and handgun.

Re: Spree...

Postby Archer » 20 Mar 2021 00:32

I was going through my parts bins and I found I am shy one or two mid length gas tubes and probably have more than a couple rifle length ones extra. I gave one mid length to a bud who was building a .308 with a similar 18" fluted barrel and instead of replacing it he tossed me his spare rifle length one that I really didn't need.

I've got two or three .308 Winchester barrels I won't be using. They are short and stout. A friend got them through Apex. They look exactly like an 18" Aero Precision/Ballistic Advantage 4150 CromoV.

Still have parts for at least one 6.5 Grendel upper and lower. Need at least a handguard for yet another one.

Have parts for at least a couple .223 Wylde builds. Need at least one more rifle length handguard for my SPR barrel. I probably should have gotten a mid length gas system on that one instead of the rifle length one.

Need another couple scope mounts and a few sets of back up sights. Still need some ambi selectors and some upgraded charging handles.
Archer
2000 Shots
2000 Shots

My Rossi Choice: M92

Re: Spree...

Postby Archer » 31 Mar 2021 15:51

Next build will be a 20" AR-15 .223 Wylde fluted SS barrel 1:8 twist, standard .75" low profile gas block and rifle length gas tube. This is a AR Stoner barrel I've had for a few years and I picked up one 20" and a couple 16" ones over the course of a couple sales. It is unmarked as to manufacturer but I've seen some speculation these barrels were produced by Bear Creek Arsenal. I've seen detailed examinations of barrels from BCA and they range from quite good to basically unfinished (missing crowns for example.) I have used a few BCA barrels before and haven't noted any deficiencies with the ones I've run. This one appears to be decent but I haven't done a borascope examination of any of them. I would love to compare this one up close to a White Oak Armory DMR barrel. Comparing it to my WOA SPR 18" barrel it is a larger diameter and much heavier. I would be using the SPR barrel for this build but it makes more sense to pair that barrel with a lighter stock and maybe a lighter scope than I'll be using on this one. I can always swap the uppers and lowers around once the guns are built.

Other parts that I'll use in this build include:
Aero Precision Lower Mated to a Mil-Spec Forged upper.
Geissele SSA/E trigger, Ambi selector, mil-spec parts for the rest of the LPK.
Fail Zero BCG, probably use a Mil-spec charging handle for now.
MagPul PRS stock, rifle extension tube, spring and buffer.
Midwest 15" free float handguard.
VG7 Gamma compensator/brake

For CA compliance I'll be using a Strike Industries finned grip. When combined with the brake that will make the gun 'featureless'.
Archer
2000 Shots
2000 Shots

My Rossi Choice: M92

Previous

Return to All Other Firearms