Rossi 92 spit the ejector out

Share your experience in caring for your favorite Rossi with other members or ask the question that you cannot find the answer to!
m-saunoras

Rossi 92 spit the ejector out

Post by m-saunoras »

I was shooting my .44 mag puma last week and when I opened the bolt after one shot all the ejector parts fell out into the receiver. Luckily I didn't lose anything. I figured the ejector broke but it looked okay.

Originally the factory ejector spring was too stiff and after a while this gun stopped extracting and ejecting. The extractor claw would just bounce up over the rim because the ejector had the case jammed so hard up against the chamber wall. I tried a new extractor but that didn't fix it. Then I got a spring kit from stevesgunz and installed it myself, no issues after that until now.

So I tore the 92 back down and here is what I found.

The ejector spring stop has 2 pins holding it in place. My front pin had broken allowing the stop to sag. There was definite movement in the stop. I was going to attempt to remove the old pin myself but I didn't. I took it to my LGS gunsmith and had him work on it. He actually had to drill the old pin out and fit/peen a new one. I reinstalled the ejector and all the other parts and cycled some dummy rounds through it. Seems to be okay now. The ejector is staying in place so we shall see.
Ranch Dog
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Rossi 92 spit the ejector out

Post by Ranch Dog »

Thank you for the report!
Michael
m-saunoras

Post by m-saunoras »

You're welcome, it's just one extra thing to check for this concern. I haven't had a chance to shoot it yet though to see if it's really fixed
Last edited by m-saunoras on 19 Sep 2018 17:37, edited 1 time in total.
m-saunoras

Post by m-saunoras »

Got to shoot it yesterday and put about 20 rounds through it with no issues. I'd say this one is fixed
Ranch Dog
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ranch Dog »

All is well that ends well.
Michael