Need Help from my friends in USA!

Share your experience in caring for your favorite Rossi with other members or ask the question that you cannot find the answer to!
Mduke77

Need Help from my friends in USA!

Post by Mduke77 »

Hi,
i’m a new member in this forum and i‘m a owner of a rossi m92 in stainless steel, chambered in .44 rem mag.
i have a big problem with my gun...the ejector is broken in two pieces :-(((
and there are no spare parts in germany for the rossi m92.
the onlineshop stevesgunz ships only to usa...can anyone help me, please?
whats about a friendly member of this forum buy a ejector and send it to me via airmail? i will pay for it all, thats not the problem.
so, please help me!
Conformist

Re: Need Help from my friends in USA!

Post by Conformist »

I don't think anyone but a licensed firearms dealer and exporter is going to be able to help you. I suggest you find a local gun store in Germany that has access to the parts you need.

ITAR (International Traffic in Arms Regulations) strictly regulates the export of technology that can be used for military purposes. It is broad ranging and covers many things from encryption technology, through weapons systems and training of foreign nationals. The penalty for violating ITAR regulations is severe. It includes a one million US dollar fine, and 20 years in prison.

I obtained the below info from this url
https://www.pmddtc.state.gov/compliance ... ss_landing

Step 1: Establish if export is ITAR Controlled
Review the U.S. Munitions List (USML) to self-assess if your export (hardware, technical data, and/or defense services) is ITAR controlled.

Our Order of Review Decision Tool, Specially Designed Decision Tool, and Part 130 Decision Tree Tool can also help you assess if your product or service is described on the USML (part §121.1(b) of the ITAR).

Review the USML
Still not sure?

A Commodity Jurisdiction (CJ) may be needed to determine whether an item or service is covered.

Step 2: Register with DDTC
If what you want to manufacture, export, temporary import or broker is on the USML, you must be registered with DDTC.

Register with DDTC
Step 3: Apply for Export License
After you are registered, you may apply for an export license.

Licensing & Agreements
Any state, any entity, any ideology that fails to recognize the worth, the dignity, the rights of man, that state is obsolete. Rod Serling

Our people are to be so equipped that governmental protection of our freedoms is not necessary.
Nashville Stage

Post by Nashville Stage »

Try contacting Rossi directly. As Conformist mentioned, those of us in the USA can't easily export firearm parts.

Another problem you might come across is that Rossi has traditionally been unwilling or unable to sell just the ejector. I've seen stories of people who had to order an entire bolt assembly instead. While you might not have that problem, it's good to be aware of it.

Good luck to you. I hope you can get your rifle fixed.
GasGuzzler

Post by GasGuzzler »

That's OP's only post...8 months ago. Good information though.
__________________________________________________________________________________________
I've always been crazy but it's kept me from going insane.
Conformist

Post by Conformist »

GasGuzzler wrote:That's OP's only post...8 months ago. Good information though.
I saw that it was old before I replied, but whether it's an actual guy looking for help, or a BAFTE troll looking to jam someone up, I figured I'd post to warn anyone else who might not know any better.
Any state, any entity, any ideology that fails to recognize the worth, the dignity, the rights of man, that state is obsolete. Rod Serling

Our people are to be so equipped that governmental protection of our freedoms is not necessary.
Archer
2000 Shots
2000 Shots

Post by Archer »

Yeah, ITAR has gone from a minor issue to a major pain in the past few years.
Even reimporting U.S. tech for U.S. projects can be a royal pain.
Mduke77

Post by Mduke77 »

Thank you for your help. Unfortunately, no weapons may be sent. But I was lucky and got a spare part in Germany. The rifle is repaired and fun again