Cleaning The M92

Share your experience in caring for your favorite Rossi with other members or ask the question that you cannot find the answer to!

Cleaning The M92

Postby Czechbikr » 15 Dec 2019 09

Brand new 357 and I'm in deep love already. I don't think it's just an infatuation as I've chased this babe for a long time. I was surprised that the lifter had a grainy, pebbled surface and thought that could be an issue. It ran everything I fed it just fine. I don't really feel a need to detail strip the rifle to slick it up as the functioning it just fine for what I intend for it at this time, being just a range gun. What do owners do to clean them without breaking them down?
Czechbikr

My Rossi Choice: M92

Re: Cleaning The M92

Postby Ohio3Wheels » 15 Dec 2019 11

I use a pull through like the Viper or the cable style like Remington sells I particularly like the Remington swoobs. They are the orange rubbery things that fit tight in the bore and chamber and do a good job of cleaning after a pull through brush.

As a last resort I've used a brass muzzle guide and cleaned from the front end.

Make smoke,
Curt... makin' smoke and raising my carbon foot print one cartridge at a time Image
Ohio3Wheels
Supporter
Supporter

My Rossi Choice: M92

Re: Cleaning The M92

Postby Ranch Dog » 16 Dec 2019 07

I don't have a problem with cleaning a rifle from the muzzle, I've been shooting leverguns 51 years now and haven't hurt one yet. I always use a brass muzzle guide. To prevent debris from being pushed back into the action, I start by using a pull-through type cleaner. My favorite has become the PatchWorm. That system introduced me to the VFG product line, and I used the Super Intensive Wool Pelts for most of my cleaning needs. I purchase them through Buffalo Arms.
Michael
Ranch Dog
Site Admin
Site Admin

My Rossi Choice: Rio Grande

Return to DIY Gunsmithing, Projects, & Tips!