Hello from CA

Tell us a bit about yourself!
Brisket

Hello from CA

Post by Brisket »

Hello All,

I just got an R92 357 here in CA and Google keeps bringing me to this forum. Thanks for all the posts!

This rifle's been pretty good so far. There was a bit of a grinding feeling when closing the lever, which was due to a sharp edge on a locking bolt where it meets a curve in the breech bolt. I smoothed out the edge to match the other locking bolt, cleaned up the damage on the breech bolt, lubed it a bit, and now the grinding is gone. A kit from Steve's Gunz is also on the way. I didn't know I was buying a mini project, but I'm having a good time "making it mine".

My other rifle is a 22 bolt action Savage Mark II.

See you in the forums!

Rob
Archer
2000 Shots
2000 Shots

Re: Hello from CA

Post by Archer »

Welcome,
Hopefully that's all you need to do to it!

I still haven't taken any of mine apart yet and they work find the way they are but I expect I'll get around to it at some point.
Gunny268
250 Shots
250 Shots

Post by Gunny268 »

Welcome to the forum.
ManxTom

Post by ManxTom »

Welcome from a Brit R92 owner.. have fun. :D
Happiness is like peeing your pants. Everyone can see it but only you can feel the warmth.. :D
Ranch Dog
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ranch Dog »

Welcome to the forum. There is quite a bit of information back through the posts. The search feature works pretty well, but similar topics at the bottom of each topic are an excellent method of continuing the search.
Michael
Reese-Mo
250 Shots
250 Shots

Post by Reese-Mo »

Greetings from the deeply embedded Florida swampland locale....!!!!

Most likely, you only need to change the ejector spring to something that is less than stock, but will still toss loaded unfired ammo out of the chamber. Maybe the lever's catch spring too, depends on "feel".

Steve knows his stuff, but keep in mind that his forte is race guns for the cowboy shooters. If you don't need that, then you can slack off a bit from all his race gun stuff.

My own .44 R92 only needed a tweak to the ejector spring (which I found on Amazon after trying a few different ones). I also reworked my lever to have it sit more flush with the lower tang (like a Winchester does) but that required a new lever catch piece to be built. Not too hard, but does take a little bit of skill and effort.

Welcome again!
Heavy iron

Post by Heavy iron »

Welcome to the forum. You will like your rossi. Guarnteed
Ackley was right all along