Greetings from the UK

Tell us a bit about yourself!
rjsetford

Greetings from the UK

Post by rjsetford »

Hi all,

Great to be part of this board so thanks for having me.

Based on the sunny south coast of England, I'm the proud owner of a M92 .357mag/38spl and R92 .44mag. Both are great guns and now they've both recently had their first full strip-down, clean and grease they're even better.

I've had a couple of minor issues with the M92 but nothing I don't think hasn't been covered here before.

I reload my own ammo as well so no doubt questions regarding that will spring to mind.

Looking forward to catching you all on the main boards.

Bye for now,

Rich
Fully paid-up member of DNA (National Dyslexics Association)

If you're a muso, check out my website [url]www.tonefinder.net[/url]

Rossi M92 .357mag/.38spl
Rossi R92 .44mag
HarryAlonzo
500 Shots
500 Shots

Re: Greetings from the UK

Post by HarryAlonzo »

Welcome aboard!
ManxTom

Post by ManxTom »

Welcome. This is THE place to be for any and all R92 questions, info etc. I'm GB too but Isle of Man where we have the unbridled pleasure of still being able to own and shoot 'proper' handguns.

Where are you based Rich? I spent a few months at the Small Arms School at Deal years ago. Used to go to Bisley once a month to shoot 1200m.
Since we moved here I have given up reloading as I've sold my two .308's and my .243 rifles because there is nowhere to shoot them. We have a 25m and 50m range and nothing (at the moment) longer. The price of 9mm and .357/.38 ammo isn't too bad so I sold off all my reloading gear too. Having said that I never enjoyed reloading pistol calibre ammo anyway..!!

I got a really nice R92 only last month off Guntrader. .357, 20" octagonal barrel. Shoots really nicely. Swapped out the semi-buckhorn sights for some Skinner ladder sights and fitted a leather wrap to the lever. Looks and feels really good now.

Stay well, keep safe, have fun here.

Tom.
Last edited by ManxTom on 11 Nov 2021 14:39, edited 1 time in total.
Happiness is like peeing your pants. Everyone can see it but only you can feel the warmth.. :D
Ranch Dog
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ranch Dog »

Welcome to the forum!
Michael
HarryAlonzo
500 Shots
500 Shots

Post by HarryAlonzo »

I was in England for a clinical study maybe 10 years ago. One of the test sites was the hospital in Leeds. I had the chance to visit the Royal Armouries Museum there. Highly recommended.
Reese-Mo
250 Shots
250 Shots

Post by Reese-Mo »

rjsetford wrote:Hi all,Based on the sunny south coast of England.....
My sincerest wishes that you thoroughly enjoyed _both_ days of sunny weather!
ManxTom

Post by ManxTom »

Reese-Mo wrote:
rjsetford wrote:Hi all,Based on the sunny south coast of England.....
My sincerest wishes that you thoroughly enjoyed _both_ days of sunny weather!

That would be a declared drought then.. :lol:
Happiness is like peeing your pants. Everyone can see it but only you can feel the warmth.. :D
Archer
2000 Shots
2000 Shots

Post by Archer »

Welcome,
Pretty good crowd here.

No reason not to note the problems you've run into. Lets us know what to be on the lookout for when we check the guns out prior to purchase and may give us more ideas for how to fix it if we end up with a similar issue down the road.

As for reloading...
When ammo is scarce and/or expensive so are reloading components and reloading equipment.
Compounding the problem is the typical opportunist/scalpers who buy up any supply and then sell it on the open market for 3 to 8 times what it cost them. During Obama's presidency over here rimfire ammo was nearly impossible to get as soon as it hit the shelves folks would buy it up at the $15 price and then it would show up at the gunshow tables going for $60+. Repeat while Hillary was running for the office. When the Chinese-Fauci world wide bio attack started to be noticed ammo flew off the shelves along with the guns and everything even remotely related to firearms. I've seen component shortages under Clinton, Bush, Obama, half of Trump's 4 years and the Harris-Biden puppet show.

IF you are putting out pistol ammo in common calibers that aren't too expensive it isn't always worth the effort. Putting out magnum ammo, hunting ammo, hollow points or oddball calibers that are rare and/or expensive makes it more worth the trouble and if you've looking for volume a progressive or turret press can make it almost fun.
Daryll

Post by Daryll »

Welcome from a fellow Brit... :D
rjsetford

Post by rjsetford »

ManxTom wrote:Welcome. This is THE place to be for any and all R92 questions, info etc. I'm GB too but Isle of Man where we have the unbridled pleasure of still being able to own and shoot 'proper' handguns.

Where are you based Rich? I spent a few months at the Small Arms School at Deal years ago. Used to go to Bisley once a month to shoot 1200m.
Since we moved here I have given up reloading as I've sold my two .308's and my .243 rifles because there is nowhere to shoot them. We have a 25m and 50m range and nothing (at the moment) longer. The price of 9mm and .357/.38 ammo isn't too bad so I sold off all my reloading gear too. Having said that I never enjoyed reloading pistol calibre ammo anyway..!!

I got a really nice R92 only last month off Guntrader. .357, 20" octagonal barrel. Shoots really nicely. Swapped out the semi-buckhorn sights for some Skinner ladder sights and fitted a leather wrap to the lever. Looks and feels really good now.

Stay well, keep safe, have fun here.

Tom.
Hiya Tom,

I'm based on the sunny south coast, just outside Portsmouth.

The whole reloading thing is still a joy for me at the moment. In fact I loaded 100 .44 and 100 .38 this morning with varying grains having recently started using Reload Swiss R12 powder. It's good stuff and I'm getting consistent results from it.

I do want to put some cord or similar on my levers. A job for a winter's evening me thinks.
Fully paid-up member of DNA (National Dyslexics Association)

If you're a muso, check out my website [url]www.tonefinder.net[/url]

Rossi M92 .357mag/.38spl
Rossi R92 .44mag