NEWBIE FROM GREAT BRITAIN..

Tell us a bit about yourself!
ManxTom

NEWBIE FROM GREAT BRITAIN..

Post by ManxTom »

Hi Guys,

Thought I'd join the Rossi Rifleman site as I'm just waiting to get my hands on a R92. It's a .357 20" octagonal barrel version.

I am from a small island called the Isle of Man. Now it can be quite complicated for the uninitiated but we are what is called a Crown Dependency. We are part of Great Britain but NOT part of the United Kingdom. We have our own government, our own laws, currency, taxes, education and health systems and our own language what's really good is we can own and shoot handguns - unlike the rest of the United Kingdom.

If the Isle of Man is known, internationally, then it will be for the world's biggest motorcycle races, the TT Races. YouTube has shed loads of stuff about it.

Currently I own and shoot: 9mm Ruger SR1911, .357 Taurus 699 6" barrel revolver, Glock 44 .22LR, Brno .22LR bolt action, Ruger 10/22 - and half a dozen shotguns.

My wife and I have just celebrated our 4oth wedding anniversary and I have my 70th birthday in about two weeks.

Looking forward to learning more about the R92.

Cheers guys. :)
Happiness is like peeing your pants. Everyone can see it but only you can feel the warmth.. :D
HarryAlonzo
500 Shots
500 Shots

Re: NEWBIE FROM GREAT BRITAIN..

Post by HarryAlonzo »

Moylley dhyt! How soon before you receive it?
ManxTom

Post by ManxTom »

Fastyr mie..

By the end of next week.. Friday I believe.
Happiness is like peeing your pants. Everyone can see it but only you can feel the warmth.. :D
Gunny268
250 Shots
250 Shots

Post by Gunny268 »

Having been a local resident for a couple of years at Sears Point in California , and a spectator at the motorcycle races there, I am also very familiar with the TT races on your island.
May/June on the Isle of Man has to be the ultimate event for TT motorsports fans across the globe. I've been there twice to see that incredible "Mountain Course" - (a 37 mile course on the Island’s public roads) WOW!!!
Oh yea - Welcome to the Forum! You'll like these guys (and maybe their sense of humor too.)
Reese-Mo
250 Shots
250 Shots

Post by Reese-Mo »

Lets not discount Manx cats....

Visions of my old cut down T120 just gave me a smile. Fast and loud with shorty TT pipes.
Phil Morris

Post by Phil Morris »

Welcome to the group!
Phil Morris
Spankyukes.com
DFWBoatRide.com
Archer
2000 Shots
2000 Shots

Post by Archer »

Welcome,
Pictures and impressions once you get it.

Curious about how you like the Glock .22 LR. That's a .22 LR I don't have.
ManxTom

Post by ManxTom »

Archer wrote:Welcome,
Pictures and impressions once you get it.

Curious about how you like the Glock .22 LR. That's a .22 LR I don't have.
Well my club has a few Glock 17's and I had a space on my licence for a .22 semi-auto pistol. Was thinking about a Ruger Mk4 then I happened on an article about the G44. I thought the idea of a Glock 'mouse gun' was too good to miss, so I got one.
Archer
2000 Shots
2000 Shots

Post by Archer »

I've got a bit of a .22 rimfire addiction.
WRT handguns: I've got three Ruger MKII pistols in various configs but Kalifornia doesn't allow me to get anything that wasn't out 5 or 10 years ago very easily.
Also have a Smith 41, High Standard Trophy, Browning Buckmark Contour, Beretta Neos, couple Ruger Single Six revolvers although one of them only has the Mag cylinder, couple Smith 17s plus conversion kits for the CZ-75, Beretta 92, Sig 220 and Sig 228. On the .22 WMR side there's also a Smith 48.
Reese-Mo
250 Shots
250 Shots

Post by Reese-Mo »

I forgot to add "WELCOME!" to the new UK'er, Manx Tom. So, WELCOME!

Not an addict for the rimfire's by any means, but I been keeping an eye out for a CZ 457 Training Rifle. Everyone wants well over MSRP on 'em, and I just don't want/need one "that" badly.