NEWBIE FROM GREAT BRITAIN..

Tell us a bit about yourself!
Daryll

Re: NEWBIE FROM GREAT BRITAIN..

Post by Daryll »

Welcome Tom, from a fellow Brit...

Since the 1997 confiscation, I've thought several times about visisting the Isle of Man, (or Jersey), to relive my love of pistols... just never done it yet..!
ManxTom

Post by ManxTom »

It's worth a trip over here but you'll need an 'overseas' membership to shoot at my club. The club is, mostly, pistols with a 25m and 50m range. I got rid of all my long guns (.308's and a .243) as there is nowhere to shoot them and nothing bigger than rabbits - so the deer stalking I loved has come to an end..!! There are a few people who have large calibre rifles but I see absolutely no point in shooting something like a .308 or .243 at 50m..!! Even if you reload it's still a waste of money. Happy to stick with my pistols and a couple of .22's for rabbits - and I'm trying to wait patiently for the Rossi R92 to arrive at the end of the week.

Where are you in Cambs? We lived in Cambridge in the 90's when my wife was at Ridley Hall College. Two years of good fun and good beer..!!
Happiness is like peeing your pants. Everyone can see it but only you can feel the warmth.. :D
Daryll

Post by Daryll »

We're in a little town between Huntingdon and Peterborough.. and I have to admit it very rare for me to go to Cambridge.. I hate the place..!!

My club is over towards Ely, we also have 25 and 50m ranges, but everything upto .308 gets shot on there. The club does arrange long range shooting (upto 1200m) days at Bisley, private or Military ranges...
ManxTom

Post by ManxTom »

Hey Daryll..
I sued to go down to Thetford forest deer stalking. Love that part of the world. My club has 25m and 50m ranges and most shooting is geared towards pistols of one kind or another. It's great fun. I have a 9mm Ruger SR1911, a Taurus M669 6" barrel .357 / .38 revolver (think Dirty Harry..!!) and a .22 Glock 44 - great fun to shoot and exactly the same size as a Glock 19. My R92 should arrive at my RFD's tomorrow - I can't wait..!!
Hope all is well, have a good weekend..
Happiness is like peeing your pants. Everyone can see it but only you can feel the warmth.. :D