New from Michigan!

Tell us a bit about yourself!
RossBoss

New from Michigan!

Post by RossBoss »

Always liked Rossi & Taurus. Have a 24" Oct barrel lever in 45LC & one in 44 Mag, a Colt inspred pump in 45 LC. A couple 22 pumps foor $93 ea shipped & a 22 lever , sever combo sng shot rifle shotgun combos and many Taurus 92s in all different flavors. Had a Rossu snub nose 44mag a regret selling as I was an avis bear hunter & we'd find a bear den & send the newbie in with the Rossi & a flashlight, Great fun! Just bought a pair of NIB 454 Casull 6.5" SS Raging Bulls for $450 ea shipped when they went to the black & black & Stainless ones Then found a 16" 454 Casull lever action fired 6 times with great wood & SS for $600 with box, paperwork, etc. Could pass for new. Here's somthing you might enjoy a 21 year old Gun Test where the pros don't quit know what to think of the 454 Casull. I like I can tun 45LC also. https://www.gun-tests.com/handguns/revo ... d-utility/ The funny part is the Raging bull was the only one to work & they haven't changed a thing. Thanks for letting me share your forum! +guns
HarryAlonzo
500 Shots
500 Shots

Re: New from Michigan!

Post by HarryAlonzo »

Thanks for the link! Welcome aboard!
Reese-Mo
250 Shots
250 Shots

Post by Reese-Mo »

Welcome!
Archer
2000 Shots
2000 Shots

Post by Archer »

Welcome,
Good article.

"In sum, we found shooting all three of these guns to be painful and discouraging, and though we say one of these guns is good enough to buy, our overall recommendation would be not to buy any of them. If you need this much power in a handgun, then buy a rifle instead."

This is where I'm at. I also seem to recall that Taffin ended up with surgery on both wrists to fuse broken bones that were at least partially attributed to heavy recoil over years.

We had a customer at my friend's shop who purchased a Ruger Super Redhawk Alaskan in .454 with a 5" barrel and it was a beautiful gun but .44 mag is about all the handgun I want to deal with.

I've had a couple friends with the Raging Bull in .44 Mag and they both liked them a lot. The only downside I really know about them is the dual cylinder latch isn't a one hand operation and in general Taurus revolvers have a reputation for wearing more quickly than Smith & Wesson ones.