Howdy all from Texas/DFW

Tell us a bit about yourself!
garey

Howdy all from Texas/DFW

Post by garey »

I'm so happy I found this forum! Great info abounds. I also spend a lot of time on AR15.com, snipershide, 24hourcampfire and others. I've been shooting and hunting for 57 years, in the Northwest and now the South. Reloading for about 45 years. I'm an NRA Life Member, Commander member at FrontSight, and an Engineer by trade. I have a wide variety of shooting interests. My first firearm was an Ithaca model 49 lever action singleshot .22, and my first hunting rifle was a Savage 99 (my Mom's gun, who was a good hunter). Sadly I hadn't used lever actions for a long while, so recently I bought a Rossi 92, after watching Ian's "Forgotten weapons" series on the original Winchester lever actions. I got a 38/357, to load easy shooting 38 spl for it, and have also embarked on the casting journey this year. Between work and not having worked up loads to shoot, I haven't had time to try the Rossi out, but plan to soon. So far the action feels pretty slick, but eventually I may consider some of the tuning tips here. Looking forward to giving and receiving good info here!
Deleted User 5041

Re: Howdy all from Texas/DFW

Post by Deleted User 5041 »

Welcome to the forum! What kind of engineer are you? I'm one of the civil persuasion. I'm in the same boat as you with my new 92. I cleaned it up, but I still need to find time to shoot it.
Ranch Dog
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ranch Dog »

Welcome to the forum!
Michael
garey

Post by garey »

Industrial/Manufacturing Engineer, working with electronics factories.
GasGuzzler

Post by GasGuzzler »

Welcome from just to the north.
__________________________________________________________________________________________
I've always been crazy but it's kept me from going insane.
Archer
2000 Shots
2000 Shots

Post by Archer »

Welcome from the aerospace engineering contingent.